• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  día de muertos - round 3
    She could have spent forever here next to her beautiful daughter in this muted place. Her presence filled her with light and peace, the giggles that escaped her daughters mouth sending joyfully tears down her cheeks as she talks of all of her siblings and their chaotic adventures and Lethy tells her how much she would love them and how she knew they would of loved her as well. The perfect piece to their family that was missing, like a puzzle piece that had been lost beneath the table waiting to be found.

Lethy had always believed in a higher power, someone giving and taking in her world, and she had thanked them a million times over since finding her daughter here. "Mama, it's time to go," her daughter said. The feeling a peace slowly drifting from Lethy's face as the voice of the ghostly girl tingled softly across her mind. The gates of death. Lethy's eyes met her daughter's locking for only a moment but that moment seemed to last an eternity. The laughter had left them both and Lethy nodded solemnly at her.

Her blue daughter turned to lead her, blue flowers sprouting from the ground in her wake as she went and Lethy's eyes dropped to those flowers focusing in and out of reality as they went. The certainty that this moment would end gripped her mind as the perfect smile of her daughter, cast over her shoulder, pulled strongly on her heart.

They traveled in the absolute quiet of this world for what seemed like a million lifetimes. A beach that never ended it seemed, until her daughter took a sharp left disappearing into the thick forest. Lethy followed the iridescent blue flowers until suddenly her surrounding opened up wide. Before her stood her daughter facing her and behind her a salt blue lake. Lethy's eyes widened as she moved closer to the lake, her shoulder softly drifting across her daughter's as she passed her. This was the first lake she had seen when she came to Beqanna. The one Lepis had brought her to. The place where the plague had riddled her body useless. The disease that she had claimed took her daughter's life.

She turned to look desperately at her daughter, <b>No… no, this can not be it,</b> she said mouth hanging open slightly as she shook her head in utter defiance. <b>My precious girl, do you know what this place is?</b> she asked her gaze moving back to her daughter.

"Yes. It is your gate. The gate of death. The one true way you leave this place," her daughter responded, certainty in her voice. Where her baby girl once stood now stood a woman. The woman her daughter would be had she lived. "You do not belong here mother," she said advancing on Lethy. Lethy backed up as her daughter closed the gap, stepping back belly deep into the cold, salty water. <b>I can't. I can't leave you,</b> she said tears flowing freely now as a shiver ran the length of her body.

The blue dipped mare touched her muzzle to Lethy's softly before exiting the lake. "You are good, mother. You kept fighting when there was no reason to fight. You brought two sons into this world, and you found two daughters that needed love. You taught a man to love unconditionally, and you befriended a woman the rest of the world is against because you, mom, only see the good in the world. Go before I force you to go."

<b>You, you are my gate keeper aren't you?</b> panic bubbled in Lethy's gut, not because she was scared but because reality had slapped her full force in the face, she would have to leave her daughter here. <b>Come with me, please! You can live the life you never had the chance to live!</b> she pleaded with her daughter.

Her daughter closed her eyes and shook her head softly, "I was never meant for your world mom. I have never been apart of that world. I was gone before I even arrived," she said softly. "There is one thing I need you to know before you go. You were never the reason I didn't make it, it was never your fault," and with that Lethy's eyes shot open in surprise as she felt the ground beneath her feet slip away. The salt water engulfed her, penetrated her, drowned her. It burned her lungs as she screamed, as she fought to find her footing.

Blackness.

Color filtered through the slits of her eyelids. She felt the grainy sand beneath her as she coughed, salt water spraying from her mouth. Reality settled in and she pulled herself up finding herself upon the beach once again, her beach. Of all the feelings she could be feeling at this moment in time, as she looked out across the sea, she only felt peace. She had gotten the closure she needed. Her eyes drifted to her hooves and there upon the ground was the blue forget me knot that she had brought, and a smile pulled itself across her lips. She was not alone, she would never be alone.
    IMG-20190524-092123-677

Messages In This Thread
    día de muertos - round 3 - by Rhy - 10-30-2019, 05:22 PM
    RE: día de muertos - round 3 - by kensley - 10-31-2019, 02:17 PM
    RE: día de muertos - round 3 - by Rajanish - 11-01-2019, 08:42 AM
    RE: día de muertos - round 3 - by Thia - 11-01-2019, 01:14 PM
    RE: día de muertos - round 3 - by Ion - 11-01-2019, 02:34 PM
    RE: día de muertos - round 3 - by Izora Lethia - 11-01-2019, 07:08 PM
    RE: día de muertos - round 3 - by Ryatah - 11-02-2019, 05:06 AM
    RE: día de muertos - round 3 - by atrox - 11-02-2019, 03:41 PM
    RE: día de muertos - round 3 - by Agetta - 11-02-2019, 04:05 PM
    RE: día de muertos - round 3 - by Saphris - 11-02-2019, 06:40 PM