• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  between the lines of fear and blame; anyone
    The pastel filly’s reaction is as kind of one as he can expect, and while the grateful smile that he offers her is a bit subdued, that is only to be expected given the topic. “Thank you,” he replies with a gaze hat flicks back to hers for just a moment. “I hope so too.” That she cannot help is a given, but Blue has not been seeking assistance. He has grown used to (if not yet comfortable with) the emptiness of his early memories. That emptiness is as familiar as the memories he does recall: all those formed in the time since he woke up beneath the earth.

Divest offers to show him the island, and the young stallion nods with a smile much more enthusiastic than the one before.

“I would love that,” Blue tells her truthfully. “I bet you know it better than most, being born here and all.” He has seen some of the carvings and a great deal of the fruit groves, but little else. There is no need to go farther than his sleeping spot and the beaches from where he flies. No need, but perhaps a good time, he realizes. “Would you show me your third favorite place on the island?” Blue asks. The brindle stallion knows the request is unusual, but he has heard someone ask it before. Someone whose face he cannot remember, but whose lessons on how to get to know a place from the locals have remained.

@[Divest]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: between the lines of fear and blame; anyone - by Gale - 11-09-2019, 05:08 PM