• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A Girl Of Many Forms |Any|
    Serabi

The young girl was a wild one, a trait she certainly got from her mother. Gifted with shapeshifting, always able to approach in a new form. Though she can pick anything, she prefers to travel in the form of a panther.

The black cat prowls through the meadow, approaching a year now her busy mother allows her to move freely about beqanna. Though she doesn't know exactly where she goes, or who she talks to.

The young feline stalks in the cool night, her black pelt nearly meshing into the darkness of the night if it wasn't for the bright moon. She finds a comfortable spot beneath a large tree, the cat tucks in beside the trunk and awaits anyone to approach.

A Woman Of Many Forms
    You’re uncontrollable
    and we are unlovable
    The coldest place in Beqanna did not attract many visitors; but she had said live, not stay, and so he takes an occasional trip outside. Besides, if he could actually recruit someone, wouldn’t that help Jesper? The dragon-minicking roan wonders if the fairy would think it counts though. But it doesn’t matter if it still makes his brother in arms happy. And it might even count as two in one go if the new horse finds a good home. What a great reasoning he has, he concludes.

That’s where his train of thought needs to end, he decides, because he has reached the meadow but also simply because he doesn’t want to get his hopes up. In fact, the only thing he needs to do is prove he is not wholly selfish. She didn’t even ask for something as hard as bringing icicles from the tree to the Mountain, outside of winter, without any traits to survive the cold. He guesses maybe she already knew that he’d done that, she already knew that he’d patched up the isle after his niece put a deep hole in it. So it was yet another test of resilience; by claiming past actions weren’t enough.

Well then, he supposed trying to be a dragon when you’re not hadn’t helped him either, though it certainly chased away the boredom. He’d be a horse once more - after all, if he did shift, that’s what he would be most of the time anyway. Might as well make use of that, and see if it fits better.

Because honestly he hasn’t been quite himself, lately, and he doesn’t know which way he should be going to find himself either. That’s what he meant with the changing and evolving, even if the fairy mocked him a bit.

He enters the meadow with his thoughts half present, half in the past. Nighttime doesn’t bother him due to his excellent vision; neither does it bother the large cat. But these cats aren’t native to the meadow.

His head lowers to the grass as if innocently grazing; but his reptilian eye moves and changes color, until an orange orb stares right at her. ”Good night. Have you caught anything yet today?”

and I don’t want you to think that I care
    I never would, I never
    could again
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

Massive intro sorry for that
    Also I cannot help throwing him at the Mary babies, I am not sorry for that (;

Aaand I didn’t tag you. Here goes. @[Serabi]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |
    Serabi

Her pelt glistens under the moonlight, her mouth slightly open as she tastes her surrounding. She can hear the scurrying of the night critters, and though the hunt of one sounds fantastic, it wouldn't be filling and therefor...not worth it.

Though she isn't alone for long, the young cub should fear the unknown, but she was naive and felt much braver than she truly was.

A large red stag approaches within sight, she carefully watches him while remaining in her position by the tree. He seems to be out for a night of grazing, but when it seemed the pair were enjoying a night by themselves his eyes zoom in on her and he speaks to her.

He asks if she caught anything and she instantly wonders if he was a shifter too, a feline? More than one!? She had plenty of questions but instead she lifts her body off the ground preparing just one. No, nothing worth my time, and anything that was, was too large for her. Have you? Stranger of the night, she dares to prowl closer to him, a grin on her maw.

A Woman Of Many Forms

@[Leilan]
    You’re uncontrollable
    and we are unlovable
    The panther wasn't so old, he noted, but most of all she looked a little lazy, as if she looked down on many sorts of prey. For any real panther that age, any prey would be something. But then again, it was obvious that she wasn't always a panther.

The multi-hued stallion lifts his head, his molten-orange gaze replaced by a green one as he focuses on her words. "Not yet." he tells her, wondering if she'd mind being the prey this time, but then lets that thought go as she comes closer with a grin plastered on her feline face.

By now she might have noticed that he hardly had touched the grass, he thinks; or maybe she hadn't, too occupied with playing the bored huntress so far. "Perhaps you haven't looked hard enough." he comments dryly. Perhaps you've always had the riches just blown into your face by the wind, and you've become too lazy to catch the small ones. he thinks instead. "Do you often approach strangers in hopes they'll help you hunt?" he asks her, tilting his head at her and wondering if she knew how to shift into something else - something that wouldn't starve in winter if it were so spoiled as she.

and I don’t want you to think that I care
    I never would, I never
    could again
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Serabi] eh. wanna catch a deer or something
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |