• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i think that i would die for this revelation; Ghaul
    Darkling

Whether fortunate or unfortunate, young Darkling hasn’t the sense to be intimidated by anything, much less the idle threats of his own younger sibling. Rather than retreat when he realizes the little half-beast had discovered his presence, he merely huffs irritably, ears flattening briefly. Of course, as is the way of fickle-natured boys like Darkling, his irritation lasts only long enough to silently mimic is brother as he announces his name and demands to know who he is.

In fact, that small, petty act serves only to bring out the impishness that never quite seems to disappear. Suddenly, a wide grin stretches his lips as he drops his head low, tail twitching, flicking with intermittent sharpness at his golden haunches. At his side, the shadows begin to bulge and grow, writhing almost painfully until a shape begins to coalesce. A shape that vaguely resembles the horn-eyed dragon. With a slow deliberacy, the somewhat shoddily crafted replica (he’s still learning, after all. Close enough) reaches up to drag claw marks alongside the first set.

“Are you?” he asks quizzically, his voice almost lyrical. “Are you Ghaul?”

To the casual bystander, it may appear entirely nonsensical. Indeed, it likely seems just as nonsensical to Ghaul. But that’s something Darkling hardly bothers to concern himself with. To his mind, it’s a cleverly hilarious joke. The fact that it is likely neither clever nor hilarious is not something he concerns himself with either.

Smirking, he turns to the shadow creature and introduces himself with a barely suppressed snicker. “You are Ghaul. I am Darkling. Hello.”

you're burning up the sky, you're a constellation
    I think that I could die for this revelation

@[ghaul]
    @[Jassal]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i think that i would die for this revelation; Ghaul - by Darkling - 11-05-2019, 05:06 PM