• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Litotes;
    litotes

i always wanted to die clean and pretty
    but i'd be too busy on working days

I’m a mistake, this he thinks as walks steadily from the confines of Pangea. Most days his self-deprecating ideation is mild, but there are some days that leave him so empty and exhausted that he cannot help but to feel like a speck of dust.

He dwells a lot lately on every creature he has let slip from his life. Kensa, Starsin, Castile, Valdis . . . all the way back to when he was a young man so full of hope: Rhaegor, Warlight, the once nurtured relationship he held with Kagerus and Solace. He is going on a decade of life now, at least half of that decade he spent hell-bent on proving every one of his naysayers wrong. Lie cannot help but to feel as if it was all for nothing, if now he is Nothing.

Nothing and everything, he thinks—that is what he is. Nothing to everyone, but everything in his own selfish ambitions.

His reverie is broken by the expectant gaze of another. Valdis. The cremello comes to a sudden halt, a brief flare of excitement lighting up his gaze. “Hi,” he breathes, the ghost of a smile on curling his lips. “Come here,” he murmurs, then steps into an embrace. Her chest is warm against his, and her mane has the comforting scent of autumn leaves. “I’ve missed you, too.” This he whispers reverently, like the word miss is a desperate prayer.

He did miss her, he just didn’t realize until he felt her skin against his. Litotes is hungry for it—starving. A piece of her mane tickles his nostrils, so he finds it with his lips and gives it a playful tug. The Archon takes a single step back and lingers where his check brushes against Valdis’.

“I forgot how good you smell,” he confesses, eyes twinkling with newfound life.

@[Valdis] SHE'S GONNA BREAK HIS HEART

Messages In This Thread
    Litotes; - by Valdis - 10-17-2019, 10:12 AM
    RE: Litotes; - by litotes - 10-17-2019, 12:58 PM
    RE: Litotes; - by Valdis - 10-17-2019, 09:08 PM