• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Any)
    Eyas hardly knows herself enough to answer his unspoken questions. Not a goddess, no. Not a mage… not exactly. Sorceress more or less, if they were technical about things like that. Her gifts combined were not as all-encompassing as Set’s, leaving Eyas bristling at his mention of icicle isle and her time spent there, the audacity of his statement and the nonchalant attitude he gives toward her predicament. Though when considered he was giving her a proverbial taste of her own medicine, and she humbled herself at the thought nearly immediately, wiping a sour look off her sullen face.

Her magic was arcane in nature and dealt with impressive levels of learned knowledge, giving her instantaneous, private information if she could glean secrets from her chosen subject. These were not toys to be played with or kept at bay. Beqanna resisted magical interference, likewise interfering with those who attempted to resist.

Set understood those facts if she didn’t, and the maturing pegasus should consider herself lucky to be given a modicum of his attention. Her graceful, inbred nature of being raised a noblemare in a kingdom setting kept her tongue between her teeth and everything but her ears from twitching back at his rough encouragement to get her up from the soggy riverbanks. “Easily said for someone who’s lived a thousand lifetimes.” Eyas grunted softly, uncurling her legs in the muddy waters lapping along the shore.

“This one’s my first.” She straightened out her stiff joints and sodden wings, dripping cold water from tangled hair that hung under her belly, “It’s been a fucking shitshow lately.” The girl spread her legs like a newborn foal, shaking excess river muck off and stumbling back a step or so. The sudden action made her dizzy, reminding her of just how weak she was. “I am hungry…” The drowned little rat lamented, following the admittance with a soft gurgling through an empty gut.

“...but no more games. If I go with you,” Eyas huffed the overlong strands of tangled forelock away from her glistening, black-fire eyes, “I want some insight only you could give. I want to see inside of myself — I want to see my own magic, what it’s made of.” She demanded, refusing to take a step further. Waterlogged and scrawny, she couldn’t have been a very imposing sort of picture standing on the rocky edge of the winter river, but the determination from before continued to flare inside of her all the same.

Set had said it himself - feeling sorry for being given a rare gift was boring. It was time that changed.

@[Set]
    ► Powerplay Me : Powers (any)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Any) - by Eyas - 11-05-2019, 12:16 AM