• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Bloodfeather || Vulgaris, Leliana, Any ||
    A rabbit chase was more than fitting, considering the circumstances Wolfbane found himself in. He waited and watched, fascinated, when the vines and leafy vegetation curled together like a living thing, weaving into themselves to build a faux rabbit that Meraki was suddenly bounding after. The soft patter of her hoofbeats faded away, leaving the four elder horses alone for the moment and Bane took a deep breath. The words came quickly, smoothly - he’d been thinking them over for a while now since coming home again.

“Remember in Loess,” He sighed, “the last time we really spoke? Our other children - my triplets and your Chronos - played together, and you told me that Leliana was intending to destroy us…” The pegasus drifted off, understanding that while it might be a bit uncomfortable for Leliana to hear the past dredged up, the purpose behind it was necessary, “You told me that you were my friend and brother, Vulgaris. Then and always.”

Wolfbane quieted, and where he fell silent the sounds of Leliana’s garden filled the void. High screeches and the distant sound of water dripping over leaves; every now and then the swish of their tails or the shifting squelch of heavy hooves on damp soil.

“Well now it’s my turn.” Wolfbane said, casting a look of shadowed concern on all three faces: Leliana, Jakub, and Vulgaris.

“Lepis… Castile. Myself, even, for being blind enough and trusting enough. Now I could be a pawn for them - I’m supposed to Champion Loess, not watch her crumble to dust. Lepis and Heartfire have me wedged somewhere between them, both pissed and assuming I’ve gone rogue.” The stallion huffed, ears dipping. “And maybe I have.”

For a moment or two he took a breath, listened if they had to say anything at all. Jakub was getting a show at least: in the span of two minutes Wolfbane had regurgitated years worth of backstory. And of all things Bane was here without Lepis’ or Castile’s knowledge, not that it really mattered anymore. His head rose and he peered instinctively at Leliana, the other two males forgotten for a brief moment while Bane cleared his mind, curious and willing to let her peer inside.

“There’s a dangerous force changing me.” He admitted, and the way he said it meant more than just his feelings, “I don’t fully understand it yet, but I fight it. And everything that feels true, honest, and just inside of me fights against what’s unraveling around me.” The horse tried his best to explain, wondering if perhaps Leliana could untangle the strings. He doesn’t doubt that she can sense the few shackles remaining, the last vestiges of his old soul, trying their best to contain something more sinister. It’s a curse. He admitted to himself, finally. You thought were stronger than fate, Bane, and you’re paying the price.

“I promised Aten that I would keep his family safe. I promised Loess that I would give my life for her. And I promised to love Lepis.” The long-winded explanation began winding down. He intended to keep all three promises, and of all three Bane knew that loving Lepis right now meant to hurt her - possibly forever. “I know what happened in Nerine. I came here to ask you for time, Vulgaris. To ask Tephra and Nerine, whoever else may have an interest in whatever is brewing between the North and South, for time. She was my closest friend Vul - Leli; she’s the mother of our children. Let me deal with Lepis and bring Taiga to heel for the sake of peace.”

Stopping there might’ve been sufficient, but then Bane remembers exactly what Lepis had conferred to him about her meeting with his grandmere, and somehow the words, “Castile will never be swayed. If chaos falls on Loess you can expect me there - for Loess and Loess alone.” spilled like trickling shards of glass off his tongue.

Let the dragon devour the meal he’s made for himself.

@Jakub
    @[leliana]
    @[vulgaris]

word vomm
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Bloodfeather || Vulgaris, Leliana, Any || - by Wolfbane - 10-18-2019, 09:06 PM