• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Paint the sky gold; Heartfire, any!

She's got the devil's eyes

Silence is a tool she uses often, though there are few who truly realize the value in it. Too many seek to fill silences, and that is an often made mistake Heartfire takes full advantage of. Those who could learn to harness their tongues however, garner a respect rarely granted. After all, what fun would it be if everything were too easy?

Today though, her silences are less prying and more thoughtful. This is not a small request, after all.

For all that, Ruinam agrees readily to her price, seeming disinclined to consider it too deeply. Of course, were he to consider it that deeply, he might not gain what he seeks. And that would be a pity, wouldn’t it? Almost as much as if she had lost such an opportunity.

A slow smile curves her lips, exceptionally rare in it’s very presence. There is satisfaction in that smile, as well as appreciation. Though it does not last, it tells a story of it’s very own. One that could be either alarming or comforting, depending on how one chooses to look at it.

“Oh, you needn’t tell me anything at the moment Ruinam,” she replies almost gently after his steady agreement. “If I have questions, I will ask. But everything else I need,” for the briefest of moments, his eyes would flash, as though gently prodded, “is right here.”

She wonders if he would come to regret his decision. Perhaps, but she’d seen enough of him to know it unlikely he would renege. And even should he do so, it wouldn’t matter anyway. The bond she needed had already been established, as it were.

“Now, would you like to see what destruction I’ve wrought before you ask your questions?”

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

Messages In This Thread
    Paint the sky gold; Heartfire, any! - by Ruinam - 10-09-2019, 09:12 PM
    RE: Paint the sky gold; Heartfire, any! - by Heartfire - 11-18-2019, 04:04 PM