• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Paint the sky gold; Heartfire, any!

She's got the devil's eyes

She does not miss the careful response he gives in answer to her rather bluntly worded probe. Nor does she miss the fact that he had given neither confirmation or denial. This does, of course, stir a near immediate curiosity, and her gaze sharpens on the ruler of the small, quiet island with which she’d developed some familiarity. Her children had been born there, after all.

But that fact is neither here nor there.

She had been under the impression Ruinam had chosen to keep the island more or less a sanctuary. But it seems perhaps that was a mistaken assumption, and she should have been watching the goings on there much more closely. Of course, it is still a small and sparsely populated territory. In the grand scheme of things however, that does not always matter. After all, Lepis had mistakenly assumed Nerine weak as well.

She does not comment though, instead choosing observation to provide the truth rather than words that could be carefully chosen and presented so as to blur lines and ambitions alike. She is silent for a length of time, blue eyes studying him with open directness. Of course, what she finds there and her thoughts on it is something she leaves up to his imagination.

“It’s deed, not word, that proves the worth of one’s honesty in my opinion,” she finally offers rather bluntly, though does not indulge any further. He could make of that what he would, but she’d rather he not attempt to make promises he could not keep. “You offer me nearly anything for such information,” she continues levelly, her voice thoughtful. “I do hope you realize just what you have done.” Her lips quirk briefly then, a faint thread of amusement quickly vanished. “Your prize must be a great one if you would make such an offer, in any case.”

She pauses then, breathing calm and steady as her eyes take in the entirety of his countenance in light of what she had just said. “So then Ruinam, without knowing what I might ask of you, do you still stand behind your offer?”

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

Messages In This Thread
    Paint the sky gold; Heartfire, any! - by Ruinam - 10-09-2019, 09:12 PM
    RE: Paint the sky gold; Heartfire, any! - by Heartfire - 10-25-2019, 12:23 PM