• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Paint the sky gold; Heartfire, any!

She's got the devil's eyes

Heartfire had never been a woman strongly inclined towards diplomacy, though neither has she been one to incite unrest or violence. For a long time she had been content to remain a bystander, observing the dramas and foibles of the world at large. Unfortunately this world is not one content to leave those who keep to themselves alone. She had known this, and so she had readied herself well in advance.

And when, inevitably, trouble had come knocking, she had set her carefully laid plans into motion. Of course, what they say of the plans of mice and men is regrettably all too true, but that had hardly kept her from pushing forward.

And now the entirety of Beqanna rests upon a precipice, holding its breath as those who care wait to see which way it falls. Heartfire had, of course, worked very hard to tip the balance.

It surprises her not at all that Lepis had sought out each and every kingdom, territory, and otherwise to extend careful neutrality towards. Though the fact that they had offered an allegiance to Island Resort does cause a raised brow. She had thought Lepis more cunning than that.

She considers Ruinam’s words for a moment, blue eyes steady and watchful as she weighs what he had just revealed. Though she tends to be more blunt than circumspect, as Ruinam had already proven relatively skilled at, she can see the need for carefully choosing her words in this situation. “I’m not certain they know either,” she finally replies rather dryly after a moment of silence. “You can rest assured it’s being handled. I have already established an alliance with Tephra in any case. And, if I’m not mistaken, that in turn means Island Resort, does it not?”

Though she had phrased it as a question, they both know there is only one answer that can be given. Unless, of course, Ruinam’s intention was to wage war on Tephra. And Heartfire very strongly doubts he has any such thoughts.

She had not paused to acknowledge the personal request he had made of her, but now she does turn consideration towards it. She does have to wonder what had inspired him to seek her out. Of course, it is becoming more widely known the knowledge she has directly at her proverbial fingertips, but she suspects this is not a request for direction to others who might fulfill that request. Finally, after he’d no doubt begun to wonder if she would even deign to acknowledge that comment at all, she slowly replies, “I cannot imagine there are many who would be so eager to divulge such a personal failing. Especially when it comes at the request of someone so fickle as a fairy.” She pauses then, her blue eyes boring into him for a long moment before continuing, “I might be able to offer you the kind of insight you seek, but tell me Ruinam, why should I?”

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

Messages In This Thread
    Paint the sky gold; Heartfire, any! - by Ruinam - 10-09-2019, 09:12 PM
    RE: Paint the sky gold; Heartfire, any! - by Heartfire - 10-21-2019, 02:59 PM