• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I feel a bad moon rising; lilli & diplomats
    The island is breathtaking.

She can feel the tropical air fill her lungs, bringing forth the sweet and ambrosial scents of Ischia. Like the Comtesse, she had been focused on the jungle, fascinated by it. She learned some things about it from the previous Summer School but to stand here on its beach brings its beauty into perspective. What a shame it has taken this long to witness it for herself. While she studies what lies ahead of her, the sound of splashing water sends one russet ear flicking backward followed by the turn of her head.

A mare comes from the sea. The wave that brought her in recedes and Aquaria arrives like a treasure brought to shore after a storm, bringing the mystery of the ocean depths with her. Lilliana turns to face her, coming to stand slightly behind Lepis. The chestnut mare remains quiet but her gaze brightens with curiosity as she studies Aqauria. Kelpies she knows something of from foalhood stories and a lonely loch that she had been warned of as a filly.

Nereids, however,  are something of a mystery to her. And as she dips her head politely in return to Aquaria, she thinks this is an excellent place to learn.

Her own smile rises as she brings her head back up, the warmth reaching her eyes in shades of brilliant blue. "Thank you for welcoming us, Aquaria. Ischia is... incredible." Where pride shines off the nereid mare like the sun above them, the admiration in Lilli's voice comes like the waves rolling in on the tide. She knows some of Beqanna's history - the Reckoning, the plague - and she can't help but think that Ischia stands as a beautiful testament that despite whatever travesties occur, life endures.

She quiets and looks to Lepis again, letting the Comtesse take the lead. As the winged-mare goes through her introductions, a second mare approaches. This one reminds Lilliana of the vibrant parts of a purple sunset, at the place where the dying sun meets the indigo hues of the night sky. The nereid introduces herself and the fire gold mare greets her with a nod and kind smile, acknowledging Eva's introduction when she turns her attention back to the Taigans. When Lepis takes the moment to introduce herself and Celina to the newcomer, Lilliana finds a moment to make her introductions afterward with a soft voice, "And I'm Lilliana."

She glances back to the Comtesse again and then relaxes as Lepis states their business in Ischia. Lilli finds herself admiring the nereids (Aquaria's translucent mane, the seashells in Eva's) when Celina interjects with a series of questions that make her grin, an amused expression as she looks to the bold yearling.
    LILLIANA
    i left home on account of snow
    (buried all the things i know)

@[Aquaria] @[Eva] @[Lepis] @[Celina]
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I feel a bad moon rising; lilli & diplomats - by lilliana - 10-05-2019, 10:24 AM