• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i want to try everything; smidgen
    Smidgen
    Great things come in Small packages
    Laughter rings through her as Lilli shares in her distaste of the cold weather months and a shudder rolls her russet shoulders. And then a bright and genuine smile as her new friend suggests she is the bringer of warmth. "I don't think I have that kind of power, but I like the idea anyway." Her voice is musical and unassuming, her eyes dancing with humor and appreciation.

Smidgen is not shy about feeling so much joy as the other mare's cheeks take on a rosy glow. Lilly's shy smile and soft thank you is one of her favorite parts of paying the compliment. Watching it change someone's whole face and feeling the happiness grow between them. Best feeling ever! Causes this bubbling up of energy inside of her and her heart to pitter-pat. "You're welcome!" She giggles and tucks her chin to her chest as she sort of explodes into a little leap and dance around until she comes to face the girl again.

Leaked blue eyes rise to the boughs of the trees above them, finding the birds that caught Lilli's attention. Fussing over a female, from the looks of it. She snickers. "Yes! But as much as I romanticize it, it seems to be quite basic sometimes." A little shake of her head as the female bird seems to grow tired of the males' antics and takes off. The boys seem not to notice at first, but then suddenly realize she's gone and bicker at each other as they make chase. Sooo silly. "Always thought they have it easy, but guess maybe not."

Her friend mentions flying and seems to dream of what it might be like, and Smidgen almost doesn't want to tell her the secret she keeps in that moment. She was a dreamer like her once, not so long ago. There was nothing the tiny mare had ever wanted more than her own set of special wings. And by some miracle that was the fairies, she'd been granted her wish. And she would certainly not like to make her friend feel unhappy that she got to experience flying while she herself remains rooted to the ground.

Smidge shares in her whimsical fantasy anyways, deciding to remain nonchalant a moment longer, "I always dreamed it was like letting go. Being free, seeing everything from up high where no one can reach you." She waits a few moments, trying to contain her grin as she contemplates what to say. "The clouds don't feel like I thought they would have though." Smidge tries to keep it subtle, like a mistaken set of word choice, and watches for Lilli's reaction out the corner of her eye. She's smart though, she knows, and so once the mare catches on, Smidge lets her grin free. "To answer your other question, I go wherever the wind takes me. Wherever looks good to explore." Her expression quiets some in the next moment, hoping with her whole heart that Lilli doesn't take it wrong.

She glances off toward a set of boulders that could make the perfect step up to a platform, and she goes for it. With one last peek toward Lilli, the tiny mare bounds over to the large rocks and hops on up to the largest one that would take her off the ground the most. Smidge doesn't hesitate at the top and simply leaps off, and like magic, her beautiful blue fairy wings appear at her back and take her weight so she doesn't fall. With each downward thrust, small sparkles of light rain from them and disappear past her hooves. The wings are somewhat iridescent in the waning light of the sun, and she angles herself to pass over her new friend, fluttering to give extra sparks over her head before she leans out to circle and then land on the ground once more. Trotting back to the chestnut mare, she no longer tries to hide them, peering up at her face for her reaction.

Messages In This Thread
    i want to try everything; smidgen - by lilliana - 09-29-2019, 09:01 PM
    RE: i want to try everything; smidgen - by Smidgen - 10-20-2019, 06:06 PM