• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Beauty is a beast // Casimira

CASIMIRA

dragon-shifting daughter of ashhal and ryatah

Her jaw clenches again when he mentions how she has fire, and she has to bite back the scorching retort that she is aching to unleash from her tongue. She doesn’t know if she is simply looking for reasons to feel insulted at this point, or if she truly has ground to stand on. She just knows that he had rubbed her the wrong way, perhaps because he had accidentally dove directly into her biggest insecurity. He had asked her to do the thing that she is most afraid to do, and she almost wondered if there was an ulterior motive. As far as she knew, there was no loyalty amongst dragons; it certainly wasn’t shown to her in the war, at least. 

She tilts her chin upwards again, and she takes a step forward. “Just because I am afraid doesn’t mean I am weak,” there is still a sharpness to her tone, but it has dulled for the most part. She still watches him with a cool guardedness, and she only flinches inwardly when he steps towards her. In the back of her mind she wonders how fast she can shift if he suddenly decided to attack her the way Castile had, and she tries to quiet the erratic pulse that was jumping in her veins.

He clears his throat, and she is prepared to once again be irritated by what she is sure is going to be a brush-off response to what she had confessed to him. But something in him seemed to have changed. He apologizes, and the surprise that flashes across her face is evident. In its wake her defenses slowly lower, and the reptilian shape of her eyes returned to their soft, round shape. “It’s okay,” she says in acceptance of his apology, searching his face for a moment, still a little uncertain that this wasn’t some kind of trap. “I don’t think being able to shift into a dragon completely defines me. And all it’s ever done is cause me problems, anyway.” She pauses for a moment, blinking her dark, long lashes in thought before she asks him curiously, “If it was taken from you, if you suddenly could never shift into a dragon again, is that how you would feel? Like you lost the only thing about you that made you unique?”

@[Santana]

Messages In This Thread
    Beauty is a beast // Casimira - by Santana - 09-29-2019, 07:54 PM
    RE: Beauty is a beast // Casimira - by Casimira - 10-04-2019, 02:29 AM
    RE: Beauty is a beast // Casimira - by Santana - 10-04-2019, 08:12 AM
    RE: Beauty is a beast // Casimira - by Casimira - 10-13-2019, 12:50 AM
    RE: Beauty is a beast // Casimira - by Santana - 10-13-2019, 08:00 PM
    RE: Beauty is a beast // Casimira - by Casimira - 10-20-2019, 10:31 PM
    RE: Beauty is a beast // Casimira - by Santana - 10-21-2019, 03:45 PM
    RE: Beauty is a beast // Casimira - by Casimira - 11-03-2019, 12:27 AM
    RE: Beauty is a beast // Casimira - by Santana - 11-05-2019, 05:46 PM
    RE: Beauty is a beast // Casimira - by Casimira - 11-07-2019, 02:15 AM