• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Beauty is a beast // Casimira

CASIMIRA

dragon-shifting daughter of ashhal and ryatah

She feels like she is a failure. She feels like she was given something that does not belong to her, like she is an imposter possessing a gift that was never meant to be hers. And she feels like she is being scrutinized, like he is placing her beneath a magnifying glass and searching for all of her weaknesses, all of her flaws. Of course she could be wrong, but her mind is a cruel,  unforgiving place, and right now it’s doing everything in its power to convince her that she is worthless. She is so sure that he is wondering why she was gifted with something so powerful when she cannot even control it, when it was clearly wasted on someone like her.

“But maybe this wasn’t supposed to be me,” and though worry still lingers in her eyes it is sharpened by their draconic shape, the harsh angle seeming to mask it. “I’m the only dragon in my entire family. Maybe there’s a reason I struggle so much to control it, because it wasn’t meant to be mine.” Her mother, her twin, and even her siblings created by all kinds of different magic – and still she is the only dragon.

When he all but demands that she shift entirely, something in her demeanor changes.

Casimira was, by almost all accounts, a good-natured girl. She had been raised by a kind mother, and in the company of an impish, but caring twin brother.

But she is not a pushover.

Though she was afraid of her dragon-form, because she cared so deeply for those around her and did not want to bring them harm, she was not so entirely powerless and cowardly to cave to the demands of a man she has only just met. There is a defiant tip of her head as her jaw clenches, her gaze firmly holding his now that he has risen. He was taller than her, and older, especially since she appeared younger than her true age thanks to her rebirth. But that did not stop her from holding her ground, from her slender ears going back and responding tautly, “I don’t want to. I just met you, and I don’t trust you.” She pauses, unsure if she should divulge a further look into why she is the way that she is. Loosening her defensive stance only slightly, she offers slowly, “The last time I was a dragon in the company of another dragon, we fought. And later, I died.” She swallows hard, images of the Tephra-Loess war suddenly bright and blinding in her mind. She remembers being pushed to the ground by Castile, and how she had then turned her sights on Ophanim. But all she remembers of Starsin is her glowing body hurtling at her at a speed that seemed almost supernatural, before everything went black.

@[Santana]

Messages In This Thread
    Beauty is a beast // Casimira - by Santana - 09-29-2019, 07:54 PM
    RE: Beauty is a beast // Casimira - by Casimira - 10-04-2019, 02:29 AM
    RE: Beauty is a beast // Casimira - by Santana - 10-04-2019, 08:12 AM
    RE: Beauty is a beast // Casimira - by Casimira - 10-13-2019, 12:50 AM
    RE: Beauty is a beast // Casimira - by Santana - 10-13-2019, 08:00 PM
    RE: Beauty is a beast // Casimira - by Casimira - 10-20-2019, 10:31 PM
    RE: Beauty is a beast // Casimira - by Santana - 10-21-2019, 03:45 PM
    RE: Beauty is a beast // Casimira - by Casimira - 11-03-2019, 12:27 AM
    RE: Beauty is a beast // Casimira - by Santana - 11-05-2019, 05:46 PM
    RE: Beauty is a beast // Casimira - by Casimira - 11-07-2019, 02:15 AM