• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  fell asleep inside a fantasy, Badden
    "Well, so am I." She says, and her tone of voice has him grinning. There came a spark in her crystal blue eyes that he latches onto, even as it fades with her next words. He chooses to ignore the word misfortune, as well as the way her expression sinks further with whatever skeletons were hiding in her closet. Instead he focuses on the charming prospect that she might care what he thinks about her. Instead he chuckles, dipping his head and then peering up at her from under sandy colored lashes between locks of violet. "If that was an invitation, I would like to take you up on that." His pectoral and deltoid muscles ripple slightly as he takes those steps closer, giving in slightly to the magnetism between them.

When she responds to his question, her voice is soft again, and though her gaze breaks from him, his remains glued to her alabaster face. "It seems selfish to try and find happiness if it means someone could get hurt." And the way her eyes slide back to his with that smile, he can't help but read into the words a little. His stubborn nature kicks in yet again, as he flashes her a heated smirk. "I'm touched you would worry for me." His golden red and dog-violet feathers rustle briefly at his sides, as he prepares his next speech. Honey brown eyes bore into hers with sincerity. "Thing about me is, I'm no fragile thing. I'm not afraid to take leaps. Not afraid to fall." Be selfish.. Badden thinks, wanting to know what that felt like. "Getting hurt is a part of life. Teaches us, guides us, makes us stronger. All about how you look at it." He really hopes it makes sense to her, and he doesn't just sound like a horrible cliche. His experiences were with learning to fly and having to take the rough to get to be smooth. About losing loved ones to find new ones, not to replace, but to grow.

He tells her about his family, how Reilly was his main mentor in learning kindness. Badden thinks that speaking of his father-figure triggers something in her, but she doesn't show him enough to be sure. Doesn't say anything about it. But she does take a particular phrase from what he said and oh, she laughs as she repeats it. He smiles too, but something hot washes over him and sends tingles down his spine. Badden suddenly becomes hyper-aware of how close they'd become to one another. How badly he wanted to move in, but didn't. He just had to know if she felt it too. 

The tension is so tangible for him, he couldn't possibly be imagining this pull between them. The moment she steps closer, he thinks he has his answer. His chin lifts slightly so as to tilt the point of his horn away from her. His heart pounds so loud in his chest, he gulps to keep it from exploding, certain she can hear it. As her breath wafts over the skin of his neck, he sucks air between clenched teeth and slowly releases it for some measure of control. She says something, but he can't hear it over the racing of.. His heart, or hers? Maybe both. 

His eyes had drifted closed as she'd obliterated the distance between them, and when her lips touch his shoulder, the contact sends a bolt of wicked heat spreading through him and they snap open. "Casimira," he gasps her name at the shock and subsequent wave of pleasure that sends a shudder to his withers and wings. They rise of their own accord, curved but angled vertically. "Don't stop." His voice had gone breathy and rugged and he almost didn't recognize it as his own. 

If she might have pulled away, he presses closer, his own lips lowering to a soft place on the side of her neck, surprised again by the velvet heat of her skin and the way that the merest of touches can affect him so. Was this normal? Were they crossing some line they shouldn't? At the moment, he really couldn't bring himself to care. "Be selfish with me.." It comes more as a strong suggestion than a demand, each word traced into her skin, sparking what he swears feels like flames between them. Delicious, sweet fire threatening to consume him.
    BADDEN

Messages In This Thread
    RE: fell asleep inside a fantasy, Badden - by Badden - 10-21-2019, 11:58 PM