• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  stagnant.
    A COLD WIND'S WHISPERING SECRETS IN YOUR EAR

Heloise tries to read the expression on the other mare’s face, but there are entirely too many emotions in the other mare’s eyes for her to decipher.  For a moment, the avian mare wonders if she has been foolish to even approach the mare. However, Heloise can’t possibly fathom what she’d done to piss the mare off already

But, she was undaunted.
    Whether or not that was going to improve the situation was yet to be determined.

She shifts her wings unconsciously - ready to get as far away as possible as quickly as possible just in case things hit the fan. She’s not sure what she had expected the other mare to say in response to her innocuous question, but it certainly wasn’t everything.  She hesitated a moment, wondering if the cream colored mare was kidding.  But after a few moments it became painfully obvious that this was no joke.

“Well shit,” she muttered, as the message sunk in.  A heartbeat later she realized that this was perhaps not the response that the stranger was looking for.  So she immediately backpedaled and tried again.

“Usually I’d call you out for being dramatic, but I don’t think you’re kidding,” she added, because in her mind this was somehow an adequate explanation for the awkwardness.  “That...really sucks,” she added as an afterthought.

Clearly she was a little rusty at this whole conversation business.

She was, however, instantly relieved when the mare redirected the conversation.  Ah yes. Shifting. This she could talk about. Hopefully. She figured she could leave out the bits of living the majority of her life in avian form to the point where she’d developed avian instincts.  Avian instincts that had demanded she migrate home. So here she was.

“The kingfisher? No, just a personal favorite,” she says, matter of factly, to the other mare’s question. Her kingfisher body was, well, where she felt at home.  But her equine body was becoming more familiar to her again. Especially now she was, you know, back here.

“Only birds though,” she added, assuming that maybe the other mare would want to know. However, it only then registers that this is a somewhat odd direction for this conversation to have taken.

The avian mare narrows her eyes, having grown suspicious at this particular line of questioning.  “Why do you ask?” she asked, making absolutely no effort to hide the suspicion from her voice.

H E L O I S E

image credit

@[Vastra]

DONT HATE ME. I finally feel like i'm getting a feel for her.

Messages In This Thread
    stagnant. - by Vastra - 09-22-2019, 10:29 AM
    RE: stagnant. - by Heloise - 10-15-2019, 08:30 PM
    RE: stagnant. - by Vastra - 10-25-2019, 10:03 PM
    RE: stagnant. - by Heloise - 10-25-2019, 11:02 PM
    RE: stagnant. - by Vastra - 10-26-2019, 09:23 AM
    RE: stagnant. - by Heloise - 10-26-2019, 10:44 AM
    RE: stagnant. - by Vastra - 10-26-2019, 02:21 PM