• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Here we go; Aries, Tyr
    "I'm so fragile, just saying my name can break me. What am I?" 

Tyr pondered the question, stepping lightly yet slowly through the grasses of the meadow. At his side, a whisp of starlight bobbed along cheerfully, waiting for his answer. The night dark stallion smiled as the answer dawned on him. "Your name is Silence!" He exclaimed triumphantly, nudging the warm presence with his shoulder. The reddish orb chuckled, pulsing brighter in satisfaction. 

"Correct. Your turn." Tyr bobbed his head happily, ears twisting and turning as they continued on their way. The star fragment bumped into his leg as they came to a fallen limb, gently guiding his companion around it. 

"Thank you, Antares." He stepped widely aroumd the obstacle, and then returned to their path at his companion's guiding pressure. "All right, figure this one out: I cannot talk, but will always answer when spoken to. What am I?" The light pulsed thoughtfully for a moment, before it's crystalline voice rang out. 

"Your name is Echo. Also, we are coming up on others. You may wish to prepare to halt. Or we could make a run for it. Up to you. They look alright, though." The orb spun thoughtfully, hovering at the stallion's shoulder. Tyr blinked softly, ears twisting back and forth until they picked up the soft sounds that might be other horses. 

He had gotten rather nocturnal since meeting Antares. His friend made it easier to navigate, and as he only came by once the sun went down, it made much more sense to simply sleep during the warm daylight hours, and wait until night came to do his living. It made no difference, when you lived without sight. However, it did make for lonely living, when most horses lived by the sun. 

"Yes, let's introduce ourselves." He nodded, stepping forward more cautiously now that he knew he'd be stopping soon. He waited for the double beat signal Antares would give him when they reached an appropriate proximity. 

"Hello," His sloping nose dipped politely down, in what he was fairly confident was the new horse's direction. It wasn't far off, anyway. "I'm Tyr. And this is my companion, Antares. How do you do this evening?" 

@[Felicitey]

Messages In This Thread
    Here we go; Aries, Tyr - by Felicitey - 09-19-2019, 07:20 PM
    RE: Here we go; Aries, Tyr - by Tyr - 09-20-2019, 10:01 AM
    RE: Here we go; Aries, Tyr - by Aries - 09-23-2019, 10:11 AM
    RE: Here we go; Aries, Tyr - by Felicitey - 09-23-2019, 11:18 AM
    RE: Here we go; Aries, Tyr - by Tyr - 09-23-2019, 01:01 PM
    RE: Here we go; Aries, Tyr - by Aries - 09-27-2019, 11:58 AM
    RE: Here we go; Aries, Tyr - by Felicitey - 09-27-2019, 06:16 PM
    RE: Here we go; Aries, Tyr - by Tyr - 09-29-2019, 10:18 AM
    RE: Here we go; Aries, Tyr - by Felicitey - 10-15-2019, 09:21 PM
    RE: Here we go; Aries, Tyr - by Tyr - 10-16-2019, 04:37 PM