• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

time makes you bolder; olver
    O l v e r
    Olver had spent many nights lost beneath the stars, their light being his only source of friendship. He appreciates the way their untold tales talk whispers to his heart. The world around him and the changing of the seasons had been the only constant in his life, aside from his inability to talk.

His mossy gaze landed softly upon Lilli holding onto the curves of her gentle face. The red of her coat reminding him of the moment the leaves begin to change before they fall gently to the ground in preparation for winter. A gentle reminder that they would be back. He watches her intently, in a genuine way as she begins to tell him her secret. The corners of her velvet lips pull up gentle as the pure and innocent memory of childhood creeps into her mind. His own lips can not hold back from mimicking her joy, pulling up gently.

She tells him that she used to dream, wish, pray or whatever have you that she could fly. Her soft tones floating to his ears as  her mothers nickname for her settled in his memory, Lillibird. He could sense the love she held for her mother as the memory seemed to float between them. Even though Olver never experienced it he felt as if he had known Lilli ever since she was a small foal whispering soft requests to the stars that she may be able to fly to them one day and meet them.

Her blue eyes, stricking against the soft moonlight and ghostly snow, found him once again turning deeper in jokes and seriousness as she threatened him in playful tones if he ever told anyone. Of course he would never breath a word to anyone, but his eyes wrinkled at their aged corners as his youthfulness found roots in his eyes and unapologetic smile as he laughed, I promise on the stars I wont tell a soul. he says between echoing laughter. He found his composure, his voice becoming serious even when the moon finds it's rightful place amongst the stars each night. the finality in his promise a heated moment between the two as his green gaze deepens beneath her brilliant blue eyes.

His gaze unwillingly pulled from hers as he looked to the sky, the moon had found it's way back to the horizon getting ready to let the sun reign the day once more.  Soon all will go back to what it once was. Quiet encounters of fleeting looks and thoughts only guessed. You're mom must have been a brilliant woman though, because I think Lillibird fits you perfectly. As they continued to walk towards morning Olver's smile began to falter. The pleasures of tonight's time spent in Lilli's company pulling his chest tight at the thought of her going on her way, back to reality and him... here.. there.. but alone once again. I think the stars heard you in the best way they could. They might not have been able to let you fly to them but the gift they gave you might be able to help someone else fly closer.

Soon, very soon his voice would leave him and right now he was anything but prepared. He eyed her softly the crinkles of a smile returning once more. You know I might just tell one soul, then you will have to come find me again after tonight. and with that the moon gave up his crown and the sun began to take her seat
    a fool is known by his speech;
    a wise man by his silence

@[lilliana]
    BQolver

Messages In This Thread
    time makes you bolder; olver - by lilliana - 09-11-2019, 08:25 PM
    RE: time makes you bolder; olver - by Olver - 09-12-2019, 09:28 AM
    RE: time makes you bolder; olver - by lilliana - 09-17-2019, 08:54 PM
    RE: time makes you bolder; olver - by Olver - 09-19-2019, 06:34 PM
    RE: time makes you bolder; olver - by lilliana - 09-19-2019, 09:18 PM
    RE: time makes you bolder; olver - by Olver - 09-20-2019, 05:52 PM
    RE: time makes you bolder; olver - by lilliana - 09-21-2019, 01:50 PM