• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

time makes you bolder; olver
    He laughs again and Lilliana's expression warms as she looks back to him.

She gives a slow shake of her head with the laughter still lingering her blue gaze and then slows her pace as to not get so far ahead. Olver comes alongside her and she feels the warm touch of his shoulder. She has needed a friend and finds herself welcoming his closeness. The night around them is still cold despite the coming spring and she appreciates the way his body heats hers. It feels good to be close to someone again, to not feel so alone.

An attentive ear remains in his direction as Lilliana looks to the stars again. They always put her in mind of Orani and she can't help but wonder about her friend and her son, Jacob. Where are they? What happened to them after they left Beyond? But the stars have always been good to their dreamweaver, to the girl made of stardust and Lilliana keeps faith that they still are. Above everything, there must always be the faith that things will turn out okay.

To Olver's baritones that rumble out beneath the starlight, Lilli echoes his wish - "So do I."

She becomes quiet, lost in her memories before she finally decides upon a secret. The corners of her mouth curves in a small smile, "When I was young, I wished I could fly. I wished it so often that my mother called me 'Lillibird.'" Its easy to remember her silver mother, her dark eyes warm with love and the lilt of laughter in her voice as she said it. It was so easy to remember Aletta in those moments and Lilli finds herself wishing that she could be more like her, wanting more and more to be a credit to the woman who had raised her.

Lilli peers up to Olver from underneath her forelock, studying his expression in the darkness. "If you tell anyone," she teases, "I  will find you." And then she grins at him, full of girlish glee and mirth.

"This coming spring will be my second," she admits to the dun stallion. "I arrived here not long after my fourth summer." Had she really spent almost two years in Beqanna? Has time passed so quietly? The revelation leaves her remembering all her experiences here so far, amazed that time has moved so swiftly. And then it is her turn to curiously eye Olver, "And what about you? Are you Beqanna born and bred?"
    LILLIANA
    i left home on account of snow
    (buried all the things i know)

@[Olver]
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    time makes you bolder; olver - by lilliana - 09-11-2019, 08:25 PM
    RE: time makes you bolder; olver - by Olver - 09-12-2019, 09:28 AM
    RE: time makes you bolder; olver - by lilliana - 09-17-2019, 08:54 PM
    RE: time makes you bolder; olver - by Olver - 09-19-2019, 06:34 PM
    RE: time makes you bolder; olver - by lilliana - 09-19-2019, 09:18 PM