• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Your Only Limit, Is You |Felicitey|

She laughs lightly at his surprise and outburst, Wow, I didn’t know you’d care so much. Again with the teasing, it seemed that was the only way she knew how to dull the intensity of what had really happened to her. There had been a moment after Djinni had taken the last of her confidence where the certainty of her being stuck in the meadow and never being anything more than the blind, deaf beautiful girl in the meadow had crashed over her like a thousand tons of crisp, freezing waves.

She had spent days, weeks, in a depression of her own making. She trudged up the side of the mountain on the lowest of days where life had not been worth living if all it meant was a pale blue flower and red clay dirt. The mountain had not answered her, in fact she had spent many, many hours atop the cold white rock. She had waited until the tips of her ears burned from the cold.

She smiled softly at Aries, her bright blue feline eye softening at his questions of how and who. Her name is Djinni. She was beautiful, and wicked, and smart, and … surprising. The intentions of the game were clear, I was just young and dumb, and maybe it wasn’t a game at all.

Her eyes widened in surprise when he asked her to come back with him, or more so demanded that she does. She was quite for a while as she looked from Aries, to the ground, to the distant horizon where the mountain lay just as quietly as it had when she had visited it. Her eyes reclaimed their place on Arie’s face. Did he want her to come with him because he cared? She had seen the concern on his face, but she also saw the taut muscles that graced his frame from the months of training with Wolfbane, and sense the more direct and diplomatic tone in his voice. Was he just trying to gather his first recruit? Would he tote her around behind him like a trophy.

She shook her head softly, I need to travel to the mountain once more before I leave this life behind me. she paused taking in a few short, shallow breaths. The escaping heat puffing into a cloud of intimacy between them. Would you go there with me if I were to follow you back to your home? she said quietly on nervous tones her blue eye catching his hazle ones. They were rimmed in a watery, icy rings, he was serious in tone and she was just as serious in her plea to venture to the mountain with her. When they were young he had taken her into a deep dark cave, filled with beautiful stone walls and black bats that hung in the crevasses but now she asks him to help her scale high, above the skies so that she might be beautiful and useful once again.

felicitey

who do you think you are? collecting your jar of hearts.

@[Aries]
    LitotesxNimueIsolde
    Untitled23-1

Messages In This Thread
    Your Only Limit, Is You |Felicitey| - by Aries - 09-09-2019, 02:55 PM
    RE: Your Only Limit, Is You |Felicitey| - by Felicitey - 09-13-2019, 01:29 PM