• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you always seem to give me another try; aten
    Aten shook his head, "Not at all, I could do with some pleasant conversation. Otherwise it has been very pressuring lately; I haven't had a conversation unrelated to diplomacy with another horse in quite some time."

Lilliana began speaking again, reminding Aten of a conversation they had the other day regarding the fire that had once razed Taiga's redwoods. Still a dark topic, the stallion did his best to hide his distaste, but Lilliana had continued on, obviously going somewhere else with this conversation. The word 'Dale' came up and Aten had a feeling he already knew where this would go.

Sure enough, after mentioning her family, the mare asked about the Dale, if, in Aten's opinion, a piece of it still existed out there somewhere. Aten honestly had no idea how to respond to her inquiry, since, like her, he didn't know what it was like to grow up in the Dale nor exactly what had happened to it following the Reckoning. He didn't listen to bedtime stories of dark kingdoms and bloody wars between enemies, instead about the stars in the night sky, how they connected Beqanna, and of Epona, a legendary horse that his dam had grown up with stories about herself.

Aten's eyes grew serious as he looked at Lilliana, "I am not one to discount anything in this land; Beqanna has proven to me to be a strange place if not only also one that shouldn't be underestimated. But, to be honest, I can't say that any piece of the Dale still exists outside the hearts of the horses who may have lived there or are descendants of those who did.

"The topography of Beqanna was changed drastically following the Reckoning; I wouldn't have any idea where to start looking myself. Perhaps history itself holds a clue, if the entire story is known. There are bits and pieces that I may be missing, but in my years of living alone in the forest, I did venture out on occasion to gather information, fragments of Beqanna's history to piece it together so I could understand the land.

"What I mentioned that day was only a piece of the Dale's history. I do not know everything exactly that happened between them, what was said, but I do have knowledge that extends back to Beqanna's beginning thanks to what has been passed down through stories and descendants."

@[lilliana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you always seem to give me another try; aten - by Aten - 09-10-2019, 04:07 PM