• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thought I'd died and gone to Hell // Mary
    It's a mare that comes close is plain, except for the gleaming crimson I can see shining at the end of each leg when she walks. Shiny toes. I'm shinier, but they're still pretty. Like hooves made out of frozen blood. 

My mouth twitches as I glance in the direction of the escapee rodent as she comments on it. "No, I don't suppose it was." I agree blandly, blinking up at the grey lady. "Their wormy little tails always sort of freaked me out. It looks better this way." A gentle shrug lifted a wing, blue and pink feathers rustling slightly. 

My brows raise in mild surprise at her direct question. "Now who's not being nice?" The words come out saucily, head tipped over to one side as I grin at her. "Loess, huh? I must have crossed a border at some point... So who are you, the welcoming committee?" My finely scaled nose crinkled in mock concern. "You should probably work on your approach. Not very, ya know, welcoming." My voice dropped into a stage whisper as I confided my assessment. 

The landscape stretches out behind her, open and wild. Further off, rocky hills and then mountains grow toward the misty sky. It could be a good place to get lost for a while. My mocking tone drops away as I turn back to the grey mare. "I'm Belle, by the way. Who're you?" It's almost an afterthought, but I am curious. I haven't met anyone outside my own family, and burning bridges before I've even built them may not be the best way to get on with my life. 

@[Mary] The belle muse is strong today

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Thought I'd died and gone to Hell // Mary - by Rebelle - 08-30-2019, 09:58 AM