• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [mature]  In Hell I'll be in good company // Any
    I had just been standing there, minding my own business in a field of dying plants, when a little scaley... thing slunk out of the shadows to approach me. We made eye contact and now... Shit. She's coming over. The vibrant golden spines of my mane stand on end, a frilly warning that the weirdly colored kid ignores. 

So maybe it's not fair of me to call her weirdly colored. I mean, look at me, right? But even so, she's got a shiny colorfulness, like oily water. It's kind of like me and Sabra and Tana, actually. The same kind of sharp edged hues. Maybe she's another long lost sibling. Great. As if I didn't have enough of those. My teeth bare in what could only loosely be called a smile as the funny little creature speaks. 

"Who wants to know?" I ask, feeling no compunction to be polite. My head is slung low, looking the girl in the eyes. "Aren't you a little shrimpy to be wandering?" I say after a little pause, assessing her openly. The sharp angles of my face are unforgiving, a clear pathway into my thoughts. She's little and unimpressive and I'm not sure why she thought it would be a good idea to bother me. I could make her regret it, so easily. 

It wasn't hard, to make them leave me alone. Be prickly and rude, and most horses would leave you alone. If that failed, then outright violence usually did the trick. I hadn't met anyone yet that it didn't reliably drive off. 

@[saint]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: In Hell I'll be in good company // Any - by Rebelle - 08-27-2019, 08:29 AM