• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Come With Me To Dragonland [Tana]
    His patience with his twin had been exhausted, and the trials of daily life with their mother had been enough to drive anyone to distraction. No wonder Belle had been in the state she was when she'd found Raul. He needed to leave, and find some kind of security for himself and his sister. 

They'd been away from the ever changing world for so long, the opaline stallion did not trust that anything or anyone was where he'd left them. The meadow, in its optimistic neutrality, had seemed his safest bet. There were other concerns that had weighed in him, duties that had been neglected for far too long. If it were him on his own, he'd risk unfriendly territories to resume them. But it wasn't just him. Rebelle needed him to ensure that they'd have a place to go, somewhere she'd be safe to grow in. He was his sister's keeper. 

This was his priority, but even so, his stomach clenched when a familiar scent crossed his path. It seemed some things would not wait for his quest to be completed. 

Santana hated conflict. Diplomacy had always been his brother's strong suit. The dragon stallion had never felt like he had the right words, the right reactions. It was so much easier to skirt the issues, to flee or fight. Talking was the hardest. But it was what was needed now. This was not a situation he could growl at to make it go away. Instead, he let his senses draw him to the source of the scent. She was there, like he knew she would be, golden as ever in the daylight. 

"Hallo, Venus," the pale stallion called softly. Emotion tumbled inside him to a dizzying beat. He'd missed her, yes, and he felt guilt at having been gone such a long time. She'd been his, but he also hoped she'd found some other mate to warm her when he'd been gone. That she hadn't deprived herself of that comfort for so long. He would bear the weight of it if she had, though. Gods knew he deserved it. He watched her for a reaction, recognition, something. Some indication of what his presence meant to her. 

@[Venus]

Messages In This Thread
    Come With Me To Dragonland [Tana] - by Venus - 08-18-2019, 05:49 PM
    RE: Come With Me To Dragonland [Tana] - by Santana - 08-19-2019, 07:53 AM
    RE: Come With Me To Dragonland [Tana] - by Venus - 08-20-2019, 09:27 AM
    RE: Come With Me To Dragonland [Tana] - by Venus - 08-27-2019, 04:31 PM
    RE: Come With Me To Dragonland [Tana] - by Venus - 09-09-2019, 10:20 AM
    RE: Come With Me To Dragonland [Tana] - by Venus - 09-13-2019, 02:06 PM