• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

feel the moon hit the blacktop; santana
    The ruddy girl seemed unoffended by his approach, barely seeming to even notice as he reached her side. Her eyes remained transfixed on the celestial bodies shimmering above them. When she does look to him, it's with a solemn happiness, like she's fully content to spend the night contemplating the stars beside an utter stranger. He smiled in turn, realizing that that plan sounded just fine to him too. It had been a long time since he'd just stared at the sky, happy just to be. 

Her smaller form tucked into the space beside him, a calming presence distracting him from the labyrinthine twists his mind had been taking lately. The glittering stallion dropped his head to ruffle the younger horse's forelock in a friendly way, bumping against the bony spire of her horn. "Nice to meet you, Catcher. I'm Tana." He smiled, big and goofy, at the fluffed up mess he'd made of her hair. 

Belle would never let him do something like that, even if she'd had a mane that could be fluffed. But that girl was prickly and hard all over, and it wasn't a surprise. Still, he'd wanted a little sister, and while he loved his, it still hurt sometimes that she wasn't the cuddly sort. Hardly even the sister sort. He'd always felt affectionate towards those smaller than him. Some protective instinct that his dragon blood made him especially adept at. 

Her question made him look back skyward, thoughtful again. The infinite flecks of light spread in all directions above them. They came in different colors and sizes, each one unique if you looked hard enough. He smirked. "Space lice? If you were a pegasus, I'd warn you to mind how high you fly, or they'll make your wings itch and feathers fall out. He suggested flippantly. He chuckled at the idea, then sobered. 

"Nah. When my brother and I were very little, our mother told us they were the souls of the horses who've traveled past the Beach. They live in the Nightlands now, watching over us as we sleep." He shook his starlit head, chargrined. "Probably just an old mares tale, but... I'd like to think it's true." There'd been many lonely nights where the thought of watchful ancestors had made him feel braver. He shrugged, wings fluttering at his sides gently. 
    "What do you think?" He asked the young unicorn, eyes glowing softly with contentment. 

@[Catcher]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: feel the moon hit the blacktop; santana - by Santana - 08-26-2019, 09:11 AM