• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The boys are back in town // Any
    An old soul with young eyes, a vintage heart, and a beautiful mind

”I’m trying to enjoy it while I can,” she admits simply as she solemnly shrugs. There’s so much darkness and manipulation in the world, that it will only be time until it blindly gropes for her, too. Mother was so quiet once until she tasted power over others. Her brother experienced something similar, but with far more experiences to have broken and molded him. Like the youngest child she is of the brood, Cyprin observes and learns at the expense of her peers and kin. Where they suffered and struggled, she noted to avoid. It’s seemingly so easy to slip and lose grip on what is right that she desperately overcompensates with good in hopes it will last her and save her.

Beneath his stare, Cyprin realizes she was holding her breath. She doesn’t understand why, or even what makes him seem so familiar. They’ve never met. He does not share the familial cave in Loess and yet there is a sense of kinship that slowly trickles through her, confirmed only when he finally offers his name.

It was delayed, but she does not penalize him or scoff. Rather, her expression betrays her shock. Her reptilian eyes flash to a shade of yellow before easing back into silver-gray as everything pieces together. She almost speaks out of turn, but is deterred by his continuation of reasons why he is here. Cyprin listens attentively, nodding periodically until questions are returned to her, much like a game. ”Not exactly. The trees don’t exactly fascinate me. It seems so… congested.” Trunks surround and tower high above her, and she acknowledges them with a furrowed brow. The hard lines of her face soften with quiet contemplation when she returns her focus to Santana. ”Quiet? Not exactly. There was a war, and there are a lot of politics involved throughout every land. You just need to decide which side you can deal with.” In her ignorant eyes, Cyprin sees only two battering forces – Loess and its friends versus Tephra and her friends.

Even as she mulls over the territories, her thoughts continue to revert back to her original thought. Inclining her head with an amused grin, she says, ”This seems a tad awkward, but if you’re the Santana I think you are, then I’m your aunt.” There’s a pause because this seems farfetched indeed. She is still so young yet holds a title that would demand age and experience. As another thread of confirmation and support, she adds, ”You’re Castile’s son… my brother’s son…”

Cyprin
    lior and nayl

picture by Jiamin Zhu on pinterest

@[Santana]

Messages In This Thread
    The boys are back in town // Any - by Santana - 08-15-2019, 08:30 AM
    RE: The boys are back in town // Any - by Cyprin - 08-15-2019, 09:48 AM
    RE: The boys are back in town // Any - by Santana - 08-15-2019, 11:18 AM
    RE: The boys are back in town // Any - by Cyprin - 08-15-2019, 12:32 PM
    RE: The boys are back in town // Any - by Santana - 08-16-2019, 10:22 AM
    RE: The boys are back in town // Any - by Cyprin - 08-19-2019, 08:28 PM
    RE: The boys are back in town // Any - by Santana - 08-20-2019, 12:20 PM