• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Damned If You Do; Damned If You Don't |Castile|
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Castile notices how she grins and how she settles comfortably in front of him, no longer fazed by what creature lies beneath his skin. A sharp glance notes the scars on her neck and the memory races back to him, coating his tongue with the familiar tang of her blood. If he so wanted, he could relive the day again and again, but it comes to a screeching halt when his eyes level on hers. Harming women, although seemingly a trend of his, has never been a goal. Anger and frustration still often sink its claws into him. Most often, he can tame the coiled beast, but sometimes his grip loosens, weakening under the daily stress.

”If you can’t beat us, join us,” he grumbles humorously to distract her from the inner workings of her mind. He nearly senses a sudden tension in her, but it settles easily enough. Assuming Sinner crossed her mind – how could he not when he controlled so much of her life? – Castile playfully reminds her of the prowess of his kind, how she is falling into their nest. First Valdis, then him, then his sons. Yet even has Mary intertwines herself in his family, his trust in her remains minimal. Nonetheless, it’s always better to keep enemies closer; there may yet be an opportunity to make the ambitious woman his ally.

He just needs to keep her occupied while keeping his hands hidden behind his back.

Castile didn’t lie to her when he said he could lift her, but he also didn’t have a set plan in action yet.

Soon he will. Ideas already march across his thoughts.

With her question, Castile draws his attention away from his brooding to instead focus on her intent stare as it bores into him, demanding answers. It nearly reminds him of Litotes when he was prisoner here. Shifting his weight and tilting his head, Castile’s response unseats the brief quiet between them. ”You’re a diplomat. I’m going to place you as the caste’s highest ranked. Of course, there is Starsin who you will answer to in addition to me,” he imagines the frustration just now bubbling inside Mary. To be a Queen to a subordinate is not an easy feat; there have been times he struggled with it. ”I honestly want to see if I can trust you, if you are deserving of the rewards I love handing out,” his expression flickers into amusement. It’ll be harmless fun. Nothing but perhaps her ego will be harmed throughout the process as he formulates her position.

But the underlying concern that deters him most from resting his trust in her presents itself through a flatly-asked question. ”What will you do should Sinner return?”

castile

@[Mary]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Damned If You Do; Damned If You Don't |Castile| - by Castile - 08-28-2019, 09:29 AM