• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ding dong
    Twist.

Twist.

”I like to say that I can’t help but to laugh.  But truly, I can help it. I just don’t want to offer that kind of assistance to my better judgement.  It’s so…..what’s that word for it…polite, expected, predictable, boring.  I guess one word doesn’t encompass it.  But anywho, I’ll keep my better judgement to the same standard I like to keep my morals and common decency.  If you didn’t know any better yet, let me tell fill you in sweetling, but I am in the negatory on those rotund, beefy,  meaty pillars of civility.  Quite frankly, I am the hooch that you don’t want your grand dam to meet at the next family family baptism.  

But please be a sweet pea, babyface, little lamb and not tell everyone that, hmm?  I’d like to leave the surprise to some of the other fair, fine folk fhat fall Feqanna fome fow.”

Snap.

Spitting out the gnarled limb of the giant that had just so rudely muffled my lovely voice, I looked back to my work as an artist would study his lunch.  With a tilt of my delicate head and a wicked split of a smile, ‘There now, butterbean, your mane is all trimmed up and now I can see those beautiful, barky peepers again!’

‘No need to thank me, just give all my love to the missus,’ I say turning away from the towering tree with an accomplished look brushed across my yellow features.  Turning back, I cast a final hard, ugly glance, ‘Remember now, mum’s the word. Kay bye!’

And with another smile and over exaggerated wink, I turn away once more.

OOC- if someone wants to reply to this, awesome! If not that’s fine too. I just needed to distract myself with some of jacks good wholesome nonsense today.. Also I unashamedly did not proof read
    Aten had seen some strange things in his day... come to think of it, he'd been saying that a lot lately. But things in Taiga had been changing, so he'd been exposed to quite a number of things. And this day would be no different.

Aten's journey outside Taiga had taken him to the Forest land today, and much like back home, he found moving through here very easy. He'd also lived as a hermit bachelor for a number of years, and though it had been a while since he'd really been back here, he remembered all the tricks he'd both learned, and taught himself. He felt at home here... he could blend in, disappear and use the land to his distinct advantage. Transferring from Taiga to the Forest and back was not so different... he might as well have not even moved.

The stallion had settled into a calm lope through the Forest trees, a light breeze brushing his mane back. Turul soared over the stallion's head, the two friends enjoying their 'race' through the trees, weaving in and out to avoid hitting any. Of course, both were well practiced due to living in Taiga's land; they almost didn't have to even try.

Aten's stamina proved to be a valuable asset as the duo continued through the Forest for quite some time, neither slowing down nor speeding up. Their pace was comfortable, neither were tired, and they still had some energy to burn. Aten's eyes met the falcon's and a fire was lit between them, a playful smirk lighting up the stallion's face.

But it seemed Turul had other plans. Without warning, the falcon banked left to land on a tree branch, something Aten didn't see at first since he had to skid to a stop and turn around to find where his friend had gone. He easily spotted the falcon's speckled coat among the green leaves, the latter staring at something in the distance. Aten tilted his head, wondering what could be so interesting to his friend, and deciding to investigate himself.

Walking back toward Turul, Aten turned to look in the same direction. There was another horse a few yards away, seemingly talked to one of the trees. He didn't put the puzzle pieces together yet, not being able to really hear the mare's words from this distance to know exactly what she was saying. He could tell she was talking though, her soft voice directed at the tree before she turned away.

Aten stepped out of the cover of the trees and, now, from this angle, could see the leaves and branches littering the ground beneath the tree the mare had been talking too. Having spotted the proud, happy look on her face, the stallion smiled a little and spoke to the mare.

"It seems you had quite a time trimming down that tree. I take it there were too many branches and leaves?" he questioned.

@[Jackel]
    The flickering starts and stops then starts again.  They are the straggling tears falling from the giants, that got caught in the updraft of the Forest winds.  But one by one they fall upon my back and flower touched mane, over the path in front of me and where I’ve already passed.  A token and blessing, a gift, from my friends; they toss them and cry them and let them go as if they were throwing roses at their favorite heroine.  But to them, that is what I am.  

And they thank me.

Like they ought to.

Because those fuckers should.

Basking in their blissful offerings, I spin gleefully in a tight circle, head raised, eyes closed and giggling like the child my decayed soul has left me to become.

A rustling, peculiar from the static whispers I’ve come to know, keeps me from another dizzying pirouette.  And the voice that follows behind causes me to grow curioser and curioser, though not enough to make me look directly at the disturber just yet.  Because not only do they not deserve my glorious attention just yet, but I literally can’t look at them right now.  Somehow I got my legs tangled in limbs of the giants I had just castrated.  

Oh right. The twirling.

Too bad I can’t look at him for a more ominous reason.  Like pondering that fellow’s demise or whatever the cool, delinquent yearlings are doing these days.  But not today.  Maybe Haide will wake up from her nap later, and we can get back to being conniving and manipulative and sexy.  Instead, I’m stuck with being the most beautiful creep that ever creeped.

Though I could narrow my leg and pull out from their entrapment quite easily, I don’t.  Rather, my voided black eyes turn lazily towards him and his words make me smile stupidly wide.  Why yes, it is very necessary to cull the weak and susceptible in order to keep the strong and worthy fed.  But that is not what my velvety, smooth voice dictates.

Still trapped, what really comes out of my faded ruby lips is, “Oh, hey.”

@[Aten]
    As Aten watched the scene before him unfold, he winced when he realized the mare now found herself in quite the predicament. Her legs were now trapped in some of the branches and vines that she had tore down from the tree in an effort to make it more presentable, said branches and vines holding fast to her like a suckling foal to a mare's teat.

The golden stallion watched to see if the mare would make an attempt to try and free herself from the entrapment, but instead, she gazed at him with a lazy glaze in her eyes and spoke in a quiet voice that didn't seem to capture her real strength. It was a simple greeting, two new friends getting to know each other and being civil while still tiptoeing around each other's hooves as they tried to figure out what ground they stood on.

Aten gave the mare a gentle smile as he made his way over to her. While doing so, he greeted her in turn, "Hello to you as well. My name is Aten; may I be bold enough to ask yours?"

While he awaited her answer and what else she might have to say, the stallion set to work on helping loosen the vines and branches from around her legs. Despite having hooves, Aten worked with an unusual delicateness to his movement in order to avoid scraping the mare's legs. He lifted one hoof and moved some of the bigger branches and vines that still lay on the ground to see which ones were loose and which ones were actually the culprits behind trapping the mare.

More than Aten would've guessed were easily picked away by his rock-hard hooves, leaving mostly vines behind. A couple smaller branches were entangled against her delicate legs, so Aten would be more careful with those. He lowered his head and gripped the end of one branch with his teeth to lift it away from the mare's legs, pulling harder only when necessary. He did his best to avoid scraping the skin strapped to her bones and muscles, stopping for a moment each time her skin twitched.

When the majority of the branches were gone, leaving the vines, the stallion gripped some with his teeth and pulled to test if they were loose. Those that were came off her legs easily, while others required some work. At this point however, the mare's legs were free enough that she could start to work on her own.

Since there was little left to do, Aten took a moment to look up at the mare. She was a beautiful creature, with the bright coat of a palomino strapped over her form, and despite the pink color that matched her pretty wavy mane and tail, her point markings identified her as a buckskin. Her stature was proud and defiant, but with a fine sleekness that only a mare could possess. While her underline spoke of tales past and the life that once stirred in her belly, she still retained a youthful appearance to both her tapered body and her attractive face.

@[Jackel]
    “Thank you,” she says softly before tasting his name on her lips, ”Aten.”

It wasn’t me, not really.  I don’t know where the hag finally decided to come from but here she was in all of her glory. Oh right. Me.  Which hole did she come through, which crack did the serpent slide through,  who left the welcome mat out for her?  Oh, right.  I did.  Apparently, I had just been wondering what she was doing  up to until a few minutes ago.  And now I detest her again, because I was doing just fine right here on my own.  In fact, I've become quite the thespian in mimicking her haughty, naughty self.  It's so like her to just shimmy in there without warning.

No whip cracking, no earth shattering, no ground breaking, no nothing to let me know she was here.  How impolite.

"It was kind of you to help out a complete stranger," I coo, blinking a couple of times for extra flair.  "My name is Jackel."

Then she dips her toe in the pool, just barely making a ripple in the body of his mind.
    Proud.
    Defiant.
    Attractive.

Why yes please, sir, do go on.  Tell me more.
    ...underline spoke of tales past and the life that once stirred in her belly...
    OK, that's enough of that.
    Ankle deep in the water, she stops moving forward.
    For now.

My eyes are wide and doe-ish now as I wriggle the rest of the way out of my twiggy situation.  Turning back to face him and dragging my metaphoric fingers along the line around his personal space, I smile at him graciously.  "Your timing was impeccable, truly, I'm so glad you found me.  Who knows how long I might've been stuck here for."  With a gentle slope of my neck, I tilt my head casually to the side, "Is there something I can do to repay you?"

@[Aten]
    Aten offered a nod when the mare thanked him for his efforts, watching as she did the rest and freed herself from the remaining vines' grip. She expressed her thoughts on his kindness, blinking her eyes in a flirtatious manner before introducing herself.

Aten dipped his head in greeting, realizing that she was trying to be sweet on him by batting her eyelashes but unfazed by the display. True, there had been times before when other beautiful mares had tried this on him, whether or not they wished for something in return, but Aten learned how to push their actions aside and just be friendly to him.

The golden stallion feels a small buzzing in the back of his head, but does not realize that this mare was using a gift to cause such a feeling. His eyes remained trained on her however as she addressed him again, asking if there was anything she could do for him to repay his efforts.

Aten shook his head, "I do not need repayment for helping a friend or a stranger; a thank you is more than enough, which you already offered. I am merely glad that I was able to help you get free."

@[Jackel]

OOC: Hey Jackel. I accidentally deleted a bunch of messages and forgot if it was you I spoke to about having your character talk within Aten's mind, and if that was what she was doing when he was describing her as proud and defiant.
    Mmm, but yes.

I am absolutely trying to be sweet on him.  Just as I would anyone else, be that his mother, grandmother, children, aunts, uncles, cousins, half sibling, second cousins twice-removed, any friends or family.  Probably even that squirrel over yonder and of course that wonky looking tree over there too.  I’ve got all this extravagant joy to share, and it would be ever so unkind of me to do it only to one person.   Just like I am now to this kindly cream colored fellow that has done me such a service today.

He almost reminds me of someone familiar.  Almost.
    But I squish that thought with a mighty, rose colored hoof and it’s on to the next one.

Now then.
    He’s saying something about not needing repayment and that he was simply happy that he was able to assist me.  
    Uh huh.

Quizzically, I look at him rather blankly, and with just a dash of skepticism, as though he might be speaking another language.  And really, he might as well have been.  Because that little snippet of dialogue just did not want to register in my pretty little ears.

“So...that’s it, huh?”

Narrowing my dark eyes, everything screams at me to do something so absurd it makes him question all things sensical.  But Haide, she sits back and settles, almost intrigued almost curious.  Maybe like the calm before a storm?  Who the hell knows, I just don’t understand the woman.  But what else can I do, but to oblige her unpredictable whims.  It’s her that’s in control of this tiff, anyway.

“Tell me, Aten, why would you want to help a complete stranger?  Aren’t you worried about who that stranger might be?”

@[Aten] Yep! She wasn't talking in his mind then, just listening to his thoughts.  She's not doing anything with her telepathy in this part. :]
    Aten was slightly puzzled by Jackel's quizzical look, her ears flicking his way before she said a rather odd question.

Well, of course that was it, wasn't it? Aten truly wasn't expecting anything in return for helping a stranger; he'd done it many times before, simply because he felt like helping and he was a kind individual. Why did Jackel seem to think there was something odd, or, forbid, wrong, about that.

Jackel's eyes narrowed so they were dark slits against her pretty face, and she continued questioning Aten as to why exactly he had helped her. The golden stallion simply shrugged this time.

"I do not feel there is always a need beyond the desire to be nice and help another that motivates one's actions. And of course I am careful, and concerned about who it is that I am helping. But I cannot allow that to cloud my judgment, especially if the individual is a horse I do not know well enough to claim that I do.

"You, for example. I simply wished to help to be nice, not for any other reason. I do not know you from before this time, so I can't say I had any ill intentions either. Should there be another reason for my motivation to help a stranger, even if that is the only word I can use to describe them?"

@[Jackel]

OOC: Okay, just wanted to make sure. Thanks for clearing it up.