• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I keep running circles; Eyas
    It was still early morning and the dense fog climbed to Lethy's legs in attempt to ground her in one spot but Owin would not let it hold her captive. He kept moving, prancing on top of the wet fog as if he could scare it away. Lethy followed behind keeping close mother eyes on the boy who was always a thought away, literally

They had made it over a rather large redwood root, saturated with moss and water. Lethy had to help Owin to complete the task and he tumbled haphazardly but safely to the other side. Why don't we stop a moment and replenish she said softly towards her boy. 

They came to a stop in a small clearing, thick with foliage, perfect for grazing lazily. She nickered softly to Owin as she went a little ways off leaving him to snap at early morning bugs. It was quiet here, peaceful enough for Lethy to think about her quest she had been putting off for months now. Would the fairies even except her return when she completed her task?
    forget me not; but never remember
    Lethy

@[Eyas] hope you don't mind, I need some quest posts with immortals!
    IMG-20190524-092123-677

I HAVE THREE EYES

Ironically, Eyas is also on a sort of quest today. A personal one, handed down to her from Heartfire and one she intended to think over. To the North was Nerine, where Heartfire ruled, and although Eyas had heard plenty of the blue roan mare she’d never thought that one day she’d be studying under her.

Er, possibly studying under her.

Heartfire gave Eyas a personal invitation but it came with a stipulation: Come, when she was ready. Question was: was Eyas ready? Ready to focus on (what she’d started to consider) a dark art, ready to leave her family behind and maybe… even Gale?

“You fucking coward.” She taunted herself under her breath. How could she let go of Gale? They’d been meant to go north together; they were twins, for God’s sake. He’d been just like her, and now she felt hopelessly alone again with a power that threatened to get worse if she didn’t start understanding it soon.

“Woah!” The pegasus mare exclaimed, leaning into a sharp halt when a colt burst through the thicket and out into her path. For a moment she was blind, completely blind, and a vision took over her sight.

She was a mare, relaxing in a clearing with full view of a hole in the nearby foliage

And then the vision stopped. Eyas could see again. She looked around for the colt, afraid that she might’ve stepped on him in the chaos and called out, “I’m sorry! Hello? Who’s here?!” through the hole in the bush beside her.

If her vision could be interpreted correctly, then another mare was currently seeing the opposite side of that hole. It meant she wasn’t alone, and that the colt wasn’t alone either. Eyas shook out her too-scrunched feathers and waited for an answer.

TWO TO LOOK, AND ONE TO SEE

Eyas

@[Izora Lethia] I don’t mind at all! She needs to get out more lol. I had her peep Izora’s vision for one second in this post, if you want anything changed let me know! Also, it’s totally up to you if Izora realizes Eyas is using her power or not.
    She had been content grazing in this secluded space. It was nice to be alone for just a moment. When she had come here the forest had been quiet and very much underpopulated,  but that had been alright with Lethy. Her anxiety had had a chance to even out and she had had time to become acquainted with her new home.

Since the new regime of the Taiga forests however the land seemed to be more alive then ever. She had noticed the troop of children Lepis and Wolfbane had brought with them. She smiled fondly at this thought her memory fading to the first time she had met Lepis in Loess and her talking of her rowdy children. She had also noticed, however, new residence trickling in, following the duo perhaps?

Just as quickly her mind wandered to a hole in a bush and with out much thought she turned to fund that bush not far off. She did not hear the girl on the other side arguing with herself or the shy, quiet squeal Owin had emitted before scampering away from said girl.

Her curiosity pulled her towards the bush and as she dipped her golden neck, her brown muzzle tickling the leaves and fragile branches, her amethyst eyes peered through. Surprise settling in as they met a pair of obsidian ones attached to a girl who could never be mistaken as none other than one of her friend Lepis' children.

Hello she said lifting her head and peering up and over the bush that currently separated them.

Owin ran up to his mom, bumping his nose softly into her side before sneaking between her legs to take her place in the hole. Hello, I'm Owin. This is my mom, Lethy.
    Lethy

@[Eyas] Yay! No problem, use your magic however. Lethy is a friend of Lepis so try not to harm them I guess lmao. Owin has mind reading abilities btw. (: So, Lethy might not know but Owin probably will.
    IMG-20190524-092123-677

I HAVE THREE EYES

First one and then another head appeared, giving animated life to a bush which had been entirely dull only moments before. Eyas stared wide-eyed at the mare who welcomed her, then turned to glance down at the colt she’d nearly stumbled over during her vision. The mare she recognized from when mother and father had first made Taiga their home, familiar enough that her name springs to Eyas mind. The colt is less memorable but still adorable. Eyas might’ve been partial herself but she especially liked his blue-colored markings.

“You gave me a good scare there, Owin!” Eyas laughs stiffly, relaxing a bit, “I’m glad you’re alright.”

To his mother she says, “Sorry for disturbing you, Izora. Maybe you don’t know me so well but I’m sure you know my parents… ” The still-young-herself mare murmured. She sounded embarrassed to admit that Lepis and Wolfbane were her mother and father, as if she could be held responsible for their actions. It was painfully obvious how Aten felt about the lot of them. Eyas didn’t need her third eye to see that.

“I’m Eyas, their youngest daughter. It’s very nice to meet you both.” The female pegasus offered both a quick smile. She wondered what they what were doing out here on their own, and if Owin had any siblings around.

Eyas

@[Izora Lethia] She would never hurt them! Intentionally... lol. And Owin can tattle on Eyas and her thoughts any time Smile
    Lethy watched the young girl with gentle amethyst eyes the corners crinkling softly as she smiled. Ahh, yes. Lepis is a dear friend of mine. She was one of the first to welcome me to Beqanna. It is very nice to meet you, though I doubt you could hardly be one of the rowdy children she talked of many seasons ago. she said with a soft chuckle, You seem much to grown up. her and Owin moved around the bush they were currently talking through to better greet and talk with one of their new residence of Taiga. 

Owin giggled as he moved closer to inspect the girl I like your blue markings too! he said joyfully softly touching his nose to her leg. Don't worry, mama doesn't blame you for anything. he said more quietly, not that he could whisper into her ear so mama couldn't hear.

Lethy rolled here eyes softly, He's still learning boundaries.

Do you have any gifts like mine? Or not like mine Owin said scrunching up his nose. Popinjay, my adopted sister is around here somewhere. She doesn't like to stay in one place long. he adds to her final thought.
    Lethy

@[Eyas]

I HAVE THREE EYES

Eyas’ smile widened the moment Lethia mentioned her dam, Lepis. The way she spoke about her mother was surprisingly comforting. Personally she’d half expected the duo to be suspicious of her, possibly even standoffish, and she could understand why. “Guilty as charged, actually.” She hummed through a slender, sharp mouth. A sparkle flashed in her black eyes when they turned to peer at Owin. “I was probably the rowdiest of the triplets.”
    Time and circumstances, however, changed that.

Dipping her nose down to better hear the colt whisper, Eyas laughed and acknowledged his mother with an understanding shrug of her colorful wings. He’d read exactly what she’d been thinking just a moment before and now he was practically replying to the questions in her head. Personal boundaries could be difficult for mind readers; any sort of psionic-type in fact. They could peer past the veil others could not. She considered him quietly and said, “Like yours, but I use my eyes instead.” Then about Popinjay, “I would’ve loved to meet her! I’m sure she’s nice, even though she’s got ants in her tail.”

Ants in her tail, she thought. Something her sire would say if she couldn’t keep from fidgeting. Those days hadn’t seemed so far back as they did in this moment. Maybe Lethia was right and Eyas was much too grown? “I feel like it’s been forever since we first arrived.” She exhaled, tip-toeing closer towards the bush to lip at a few random leaves, “But I guess you can’t spend forever in one place, right Owin?”

Only if you’re immortal. She thought instinctively, knowing the horror of a few visions that spanned eons … one in particular that had only shadowed her mind a single time. That one left Eyas wondering if it had been the vision - the very first sight ever. She hoped she never found out. Some immortals could stay in one spot and just become a living statue.

Eyas

@[Izora Lethia]
    Lethy chuckles softly at the girls confession. When  Eyas turned her attention to Owin his eyes burst widely in fascination. Your eyes?! he gasped, and then quickly succumbed to a bought of giggles as Eyas talked of Popinjay and her "ants in her tail". Even if he had read her thoughts following close behind and coming to the realization that she wasn't talking about actual ants, it was still a funny expression.

Lethy cocked a leg behind her, finding a comfortable position to settle into while the two conversed. Her eyes softened as Eyas sighed in her proclamation. It must of been quite the transition for all of you to move from Loess' open lands to such... suffocating surroundings. she stated in a softness of understanding. Change can be unnerving to say the least, in all its unpredictability. she thought outloud before taking a morsel of leaves herself.

Owin's brow crinkled at Eyas thoughts, What does immortal mean? he asked aloud. He had heard the word cross his mother's mind several times in daydreams and nightmares, something about a quest. An unsure thing as far as his mother's mind was concerned. Lethy peered from Owin to Eyas curiously when the question left his lips.

@[Eyas]
    IMG-20190524-092123-677