• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Fall inside the rabbit hole again; Heartfire/Any

you said you'd wait forever, but I blinked and the world was gone

A part of the world war the void and the dreaming, a part that festered and reached: grabbed and tried to seize all things within; but Briella had stepped out… had gone to silvered moon and golden sun, and there now she stood with Heartfire- listening and waiting. Patient and sobered she felt the weighted strands of ice moved and pushed… felt the warmth of breath on her skin and all the gentle tickles of whisker and grooming. Like a girl lost to the moment, she talked, but her small velveteen nose inevitably reached out if only to brush or gently bump against Heartfire’s own neck and shoulder.

Like a wispy girl, lost to whim and wander, Briella sighed heavily before speaking back up: her speech lacking stutter and stumble and the accent lingered in each word.  “He’s probably dead.”  she resolved to admit.  “Expelliarmus… he was not a loved King nor did he not have rule without Chaos. I believe he  warred several times with Gryffen and others.”  she blinked: her ears pressing backward as she found herself trying to remember a time so long ago that her head hurt at the start.

“If he’s lost to the shadow than, yes, he will need to find his way; but I think it’s just feeding off of my desire to find the people I miss. My… family.”  she found it hard to say, found the bitterness in it hard to swallow and it lumped her throat with something she choked on before she could speak again. Such it was she looked up to Heartfire and with the smallest gesture of a smile she sheepishly laughed and found herself relaxing in the other mares company.

Tender and familial, she managed a kind of voice that carried a hint of happiness through the rue and sobriety.  “You were going to get better no matter what, death doesn’t come for the things it fears. Not directly, those it takes in their sleep. You- I always come back, and this time it’s to you.”  she blinked, a sparkle finding itself in her eyes.  “I know this may seem strange but, can you tell me of family… of yours: what it means to you? What they mean to you?” 

BRIELLA

@[Heartfire] ...this is a thing.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Fall inside the rabbit hole again; Heartfire/Any - by Briella - 10-21-2019, 11:31 PM