• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The things we leave behind (Ruinam, Any)

-Adria-

Adria is content to settle in beside Ruinam and watch the father-daughter duo bond, momentarily. All too soon moments like this one would fade into memory. Sande would get older and Adria too, as well as Ruinam. They won’t always have time for simple, sweet gatherings just to be alone with one another. It made her sad to think about and she wished (as she’d wished so many times before,) that there was a way to preserve this moment forever. Adria breathed a pleasant sigh and smiled encouragingly to her youngest daughter, happy to see the filly bounding away with Fossa and Fox in tow.

The ‘parenting’ thing came suspiciously quick to Ruinam.

Turning to her chin to see him, Adria was halfway absorbed with her thoughts about how good of a mate Ruinam was shaping up to be and she didn’t notice the edge of concern in his look. The self-same smile she always wore looked fixed on her lips, elegant without excess, and she felt entirely relaxed despite what she’d told him. It all meant very little to her: who was leading what and where. They’d visited, and that’s what mattered to the deceivingly complacent Nereid.

“Apparently nothing extreme, darling.” The seahorse told him playfully. She felt the wicked shiver as it traveled down Ruinam’s spine and felt a bit guilty for seeming so nonchalant, so she kissed his parchment-white neck to try and soothe her stallion. “But I’m afraid they’ve been devoured by the Loess dragons for good.” She tsk’d airily, shaking her head in a mess of overgrown forelock.

“They sent a very stalwart-kind of mare, no?” Her accent mangled the word a bit, “She called herself Starsin.” Adria sounded contemplative. “Ring any bells?”

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

@[Ruinam]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The things we leave behind (Ruinam, Any) - by Adria - 08-16-2019, 03:57 PM