• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

all the stars are closer; leliana and prayer

Leliana continues to flow small pieces of relief and strength to her daughter and granddaughter. It is not enough to sedate or otherwise dull their senses—just enough to take the edge off of the exhaustion and the pain that comes with childbirth, that comes with being born. It is subtle though and she has become skilled enough at such things that she barely pays it any mind, forgetting she has made the connection.

Instead, all of her attention goes toward the pair of them. She gladly holds Sabbath for as long as she wants to be pressed into her, feeling her mother’s heart overflowing with love for her second borne. This daughter has always been fiery and strong and Leliana had always been so proud of her.

If only she could have prevented the pain that she has felt.

If only she could keep her from feeling such things ever again.

But she is older now and recognizes that there is little hope in trying to shield a child forever and instead she just smiles when she confesses her anger. “The only thing that matters is that you came back,” she says as she presses a gentle, motherly kiss to her daughter’s forehead, just south of the broken horn. “I am so sorry that I caused so much hurt. I am so sorry that I failed you.” The words sting, but Leliana refuses to let the conversation center on her own failings. Instead, her hazel eyes sweep to the daughter who struggles to stand, who finally rises with the same tenacity and strength that Sabbath had always shown.

“She’s so beautiful,” she says before dropping her head slightly to address the girl.

“You are beautiful, Prayer, and you are so deeply loved.”

it's only you and me there until the darkness calls
    let's face the dawn together; we'll brave whatever comes

@[Sabbath] @[prayer]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: all the stars are closer; leliana and prayer - by leliana - 08-15-2019, 08:20 PM