• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

all the stars are closer; leliana and prayer

SabbatH
    i'll let you play the role. i'll be your animal.
    She is surprised at how her chest floods with warmth at the sound of her own mother’s voice calling her name. The sad-eyed girl yields gladly to Leliana’s embrace and curls close to her as she remembers what it feels like to come home. It had been so easy to be angry when she was away from them all but she unravels gladly beneath Leliana’s affections. A soft sigh of relief slips from her lips as she turns to watch her newborn turn her head toward some distant bird greeting the morning. Her heart seems as though it may burst as the girl stands on trembling, spindly legs.

When she tumbles to the ground again, Sabbath leans her head down and presses her lips to her daughter’s face. But the child is determined and finally stands, wobbling toward her with an empty belly. The serpent girl wants to scoop her up and hug her tight for the rest of eternity but she refrains. Instead, Sabbath kisses her tiny back as she ducks beneath her and finally looks back to her own mother now.

I was so angry for so long,” she begins, tired green eyes focusing on the ground between them. “I didn’t know how to come back. But I didn’t want her to never know you.

Her voice cracks and she does her best to keep the tears from spilling down her scaled cheeks. Her body is tired and it aches to collapse beneath the monsoon of emotions inside her, but she remains strong. The apology goes unspoken but she manages to meet Leliana’s gaze once more despite the way it hurts to see her eyes. They’re still soft and warm, still bursting at the seams with love even after everything has happened to their family. Sabbath hopes her daughter inherits that from their blood, if nothing else. She turns her head and lightly nudges the girl once she’s gotten her fill for the time being.

This is your grandmother, Leliana. She loves us more than you could ever know,” she explains gently, planting another kiss on the girl’s dark face as she realizes her child has no name yet. “And this.. this is my daughter, Prayer.
    @[leliana] @[prayer]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: all the stars are closer; leliana and prayer - by Sabbath - 08-13-2019, 05:56 PM