• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Fear Controls You |Luath|

this would be a fantastic place to put a future quote

He catches the flicker of disappointment across her face when he says he spends most of his time in the water, but he doesn’t want to lie to her. Luath does spend most of his time submerged – though if the islands are going to be filling up with interesting people, maybe he will come ashore more often. If he has friends, he’ll have a reason not to spend all his time hunting. He hasn’t slept aground since he stopped sleeping ‘in the nest’, as it were, with Adria and Ionia (preferring the rocking cradle of the waves) but he could be persuaded to be awake on the ground.

“Mom is like me. Kind of,” Adria is not a kelpie, but she is a water-creature. Not one with the same tendencies as Luath, which has always been a distance between them. “Ionia, my twin, she’s not. Actually, she breathes fire.” His eyes crinkle in a silent laugh, thinking of his mother’s absolute perplexion over his totally un-aquatic sister. It fades because she’d still thought of Ionia as the less dangerous twin, which stung a little (not that she was wrong). “My father. Brennen.” He has to think about this one, how does one describe Brennen? “He doesn’t live in the water, but he’s a water mage. And he does live in Ischia, but he and his mate live on one of the smaller islands, with my half-siblings. I’m sure you’ll see him around eventually. He has a parrot.”

The parrot is, at this point, a part of Brennen. At least in the opinion of his young son. Though he does wonder where the bird lives when Brennen and Nihlus are basically living in a winter wonderland, because surely the tropical bird doesn’t like it. Maybe it just returns to its flock here on the main island until the mage calls it, or something. She names her home, and it’s not a place he’s ever been, though he’s swum its shores. Rocks, rocks, and more rocks. He hadn’t climbed out onto the beach. He knows, vaguely, that Nerine is the place his father should live, the place to which he swears his allegiance, but he’s never really thought about it since as far as he can tell, Brennen lives in Ischia. “Well, welcome to Ischia,” he tilts his head. “Have you had a chance to explore much?”

luath

@[Vita]

Messages In This Thread
    Fear Controls You |Luath| - by Vita - 08-05-2019, 09:07 PM
    RE: Fear Controls You |Luath| - by Luath - 08-05-2019, 09:47 PM
    RE: Fear Controls You |Luath| - by Vita - 08-06-2019, 08:18 AM
    RE: Fear Controls You |Luath| - by Luath - 08-10-2019, 10:33 PM
    RE: Fear Controls You |Luath| - by Vita - 08-11-2019, 09:23 PM
    RE: Fear Controls You |Luath| - by Luath - 08-13-2019, 07:31 PM
    RE: Fear Controls You |Luath| - by Vita - 08-14-2019, 06:33 PM
    RE: Fear Controls You |Luath| - by Luath - 08-24-2019, 09:45 PM
    RE: Fear Controls You |Luath| - by Vita - 08-30-2019, 10:04 AM