• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Be Prepared ; Nixus
    Smile 
    Kiko is standing under a large oak tree, swishing her tail periodically as the pesky flies irritate her. She is soon approached by a bay mare with wings. The mare stated her name as Salacia and that Kiko was to be married to her son, Nixus. 

Kiko is distraught, unsure of what to think. Marriage? She’s never met this stallion before and now she’s going to be married to him?! Why me?! There’s so many other mates that are better than I! Thoughts race her mind when she decides to take a calm walk to the river to help ease her thoughts. She flicks her ears back and forth while periodically picking her head up to see Salacia watching her from afar. She shakes her mane as she lowers her head and takes a deep sigh causing the water to ripple under her breath.

@Nixus
    I see my vision burn. I feel my memories fade with time.

At the family meeting a few days ago he had been told by his mother Salacia that he would be married. He had no idea as to whom he was being betrothed to or if they even knew about this ordeal. He finally spotted his dam who seemed to be watching something. Once Nixus approached his dam he gave her a small smile and looked in the direction that she had been watching. He listened to his dam explain that the mare by the river is his betrothed. He had no idea as to what he should do or if his mother would take the lead. He placed a friendly smile on his lips and began to make his way toward the river. He didn't want to startle her so he went a few feet away from where she was standing. He slowly lowered his head and took a small drink of water. 

but I'm too young to worry. these streets we travel on will undergo our same lost past.
    Nixus

@[Kiko] I hope this looks okay
    She notices a stallion standing a few feet from her. Is this him? She looks up and over to see the mare still staring at her while periodically glancing back at the stallion. It must be. She doesn’t know what to do. She stands there, continuing to drink, or pretend to drink, until something happens. She can feel her stomach in knots, not knowing what to expect. She’s heard of marriages before, but arranged marriages? She’s skeptical about the idea. She takes a deep sigh again and lifts her head and catches his eye as he lifts his head up to meet her gaze.

@Nixus

Nixus had been watching her out of the corner of his eye as he drank. He lifted his head and gave her a small smile as he began to think of what to say. He let out a small sigh before he opened his mouth to speak. He said "Hello madam. My name is Nixus but some of my friends call me Nix. What is your name?" He didn't want to feel like a creep by asking if she was the one he was going to be married to. He decided to take in the lovely mares appearance and noticed that she was just a few inches taller than he was. He looked up to see his mother was still watching them.

but I'm too young to worry. these streets we travel on will undergo our same lost past.
    Nixus

@[Kiko]
    Kiko looks back down at the stallion once he begins to talk. “I’m Kiko,” she says, smiling softly. She looks at him and hears a whinny from above the hill. She recognizes the name and realizes that Nyx is the stallion to whom she will be betrothed. “So, Nixus,” she says, letting his name go through her mouth. She looks back up at the hill to realize that the mare that was once there is gone. She looks back down at the ground, unsure of what to say and how to be social in this situation.

@Nixus

Nixus listened to Kiko as she told him her name. He smiled shyly as he had no idea as to act at all. He said "Its a pleasure meeting you Kiko." He decided to see if he could get to know the mare before him. The dunalino stallion had noticed that his dam had left. He said "I am not sure how to act in the situation we are in but I would like to get to know you. How do you like living in the lands?"

Nixus

@[Kiko]
    Kiko finally connects that the mare is Nixus’ mother. She smiles softly when he says that he wants to get to know her. The young mare begins explaining her life story of how she got to be where she is today. . She was separated with her mom from the herd after a forest fire and a cougar attack. Once she was weaned from her mother, she tried to find a herd of her own but no one would take her in. She finally found an area where no one seemed to mind her being there so she stayed. “Well...that’s how I got here,” she finally concludes. “But anywho, it’s good. I’m happy,” she says with a nod of her head and swishes from her tail.

@[Nixus]

Nixus  took in the mares words as she spoke to him. He wasn't exactly sure what it would be like to live outside of beqanna. He himself had been born and raise in these lands and didn't know if he would even be accepted do to his abnormal traits. He gave the girl a smile as he thought of what to say or do next. The dunalino boy said "I am glad you are happy here. This has been my home since birth. I enjoy living here and most of the herd here are very accepting of everyone."

@[Kiko]

Nixus
    She smiles. “So, I assume that was your mom. So...how does this arranged marriage work?” She asks. “I assume that’s what this is all about. Would you want to stay here?” She thinks that she will be able to settle into the married life.

@[Nixus]

The dunalino stallion smiles back at Kiko as he took in her words. Nixus said "Yes that was most definitely my mom. Salacia can be quite persistent when it comes to her children." He thought over her first question and had no idea really how the whole arranged marriage thing works. He blushed softly as he said "I'm not sure but we can most definitely figure this out." He took a look around the land he has called home and wandered if he'd want to continue living here. He said "I would be willing to move if you have somewhere that you call home." He thought about how married life would be like. 

@[Kiko]

Nixus