• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  ...and I take my first steps

The abyss of the mare's mind was an ocean, whirling and swelling against the rocks. The comforting, warm smell of the grass fuelled tumbling thoughts, causing the usually paranoid Mataeris to drop her guard.

However, in what could have easily been an eternity, a pale form had approached her blue one. He spoke before Mataeris had a chance to sense his presence, his voice cutting through her thoughts like lighting on a dead tree. 

"Queen you say?" the disembodied voice said, almost as if he was disputing her royal presence. 

Her body seized, the electricity in his playful voice caused the mare's muscles to stiffen and her eyes and stance widened. The young stud stepped into her view, mere paces away.

"I have never heard of you, what's your name?" he asked.

Despite his apparent disrespect, Mataeris decided to let his transgression slide. Head still held high, the mare relaxed her stance, and eyes narrowed, glancing the young male up and down, studying him. He was quite a unique form, with his cloven hooves and spiralling horms, and the contrast of his mane and tail against his pale form was definitely pleasing to gaze upon. The mare flicked her tail, and dropped he head ever so slightly.

"Of course I am a queen," the mare said, masking her slight contempt with a purring playful tone to match his. The mare flashed a friendly smile, though if the stallion had actually known Mataeris, he would have known it to be a calculated grin. "Does this form not strike you as regal?

Mataeris tossed her head playfully, and high stepped in a circle, being sure to step as gracefully as possible. She lifted her tail throughout her circle, being sure to catch the shiny blueish black hairs in the sun. When her little loop finished, she nickered softly, flashing the same smile as before. Surely this stud wasn't as blind as he was stupid. Mataeris was convinced her little show would sway the stud into realization of her true royal blood.

mataeris

and the madness slowly creeps

Messages In This Thread
    ...and I take my first steps - by Mataeris - 08-01-2019, 01:46 PM
    RE: ...and I take my first steps - by Nolin - 08-01-2019, 02:12 PM
    RE: ...and I take my first steps - by Mataeris - 08-02-2019, 01:57 PM
    RE: ...and I take my first steps - by Nolin - 08-04-2019, 01:50 PM
    RE: ...and I take my first steps - by Mataeris - 08-07-2019, 02:33 AM
    RE: ...and I take my first steps - by Nolin - 08-14-2019, 01:07 PM
    RE: ...and I take my first steps - by Mataeris - 08-21-2019, 11:43 AM