• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Ghosts come out at night; Vita
    They had made their way to the woods, the snow thinner here thanks to the cover above. It had fallen night and the moon had risen to find it's rightful place amongst the sky with its army of stars. They had traveled in almost complete silence. He had told her they needed to be quite as not to disturb the larger prey that sometime stalked these parts. His amber gaze peered at the girl every so often, making sure she was still following him. 

He took her deep within the middle of the forest where it was darkest. The mood had fallen ominous in their prescence. The shooting owl and skirting of small wildlife the only sound that passed the time in minutes. This is where he felt comfortable, this was his home. 

He stopped before to large trees that branched together in the middle, connecting the two. It sat in solidarity, replicating a thick threshold. Between the two trees stood nothing but blackness. It was as if it was a doorway to nothing. Kha knew it was only an affect of the large bushes that grew on the other side, thick and full even in the winter months. 

This is my home. he said rolling his head in a large slow circle, his eyes taking in the sight around them. What do you think?
    KHA
    it doesn't matter what world you live in; it only matters what world lives in you

@[Vita]
    Vita

They traveled beside each other in silence, the sun quickly set and the moon rose to continue providing light. It was awkard to be in silence, but it beat traveling alone.

She follows a few paces behind him, coming to a halt as he does. They stood before two large trees where there branches intertwined, she had never seen anything like it, and it certainly looked homey.

He announces it as his home, she watches as he rolls his head and asks her what she thinks. She was young and naive, unable to truly decipher the change in his demeanor. Going from a vibrant talktative companion, to silent and offputting. Yes, I haven't seen anything like it, it looked nice but she truly couldn't imagine ever settling here forever...didn't he want to live somewhere permanent..with others?

Fear Controls You

@[Kha]
    His gaze settled uncomfortably on the girl. Look ar her, so naive.  Untouched by the horrors of this world. It's not fair. he though to himself. Something would have to be done about that.

It's the solitude that I enjoy about this place. It has been so long since I've had to engage with others. It's rather unnerving at times. But it makes me happy that you came with me to see my home. he says.

It is the truth. He is happy, in a twisted kind of way. He was happy to have found someone so trusting that he could be friends with them and deceive them at the same time with them being none the wiser.  He turned towards the archway of trees, pausing a moment to stare into darkness. It suited him, because he had spent to much time in that darkness when the world went black and rebirthed. It had tarnished his soul, and being stuck in his ghostly form for decades had done nothing to help. It had only chipped away at his goodness.

He stepped towards the opening and as he went through his body dissipated into the dark fog that had settled around their hooves.

Vita! Vita, help me his voice choked, and screamed as it came out while his body vanished out of existence.

He watched her with a grin as he continued to cry out in dispare. He moved silently in this form when he wanted. He maneuvered around her to a perch slightly above her. Vita, where are you? his voices became muffled as it crossed between the world if the dead and living.

The inbetween where he truly lived.

He continued to move around her, his voice bouncing off the dead wood trees. An echo of ghostly nightmares. They're... they're.. they're coming Vita he stuttered in broken screams Run!
    KHA
    it doesn't matter what world you live in; it only matters what world lives in you

@[Vita]
    Vita
    His home was truly a beautiful haven in the active forest, hidden from the wanderers. She marveled at the home but her eyes settle onto the bay as he speaks, talking about how he likes the solitude. He does admit that he was happy she joined him and she smiles, warmed to know she had found herself a friend. She may not have wanted to be pushes out of the nest this early, but at least she found someone to tag along with.

She was really hoping to see the inside of his home so when he steps towards it she quickly grows excited. Her eyes glanced at him but in one blink of her eyes the stag vanishes! Her eyes burst open and she looks around, was this a trait? Did he just shift spots? She quickly twirls a circle but he is gone!

She can't see him but she can hear him, the stag calls out for her screaming for help.... Kha....KHA she says his name in a whisper at first but after a moment screams it out. Her heart was racing at this point and she was so confused!!

Again he calls out for her, this time his voice was above her?! She quickly glances to the sky but still, he is not there, I...I can't she quickly admits, her voice cracking.

The young mare is quickly backing up in the forest until she backs into a tree, it hurt but she was to occupied to notice. Again he yells out for her this time a warning! He tells her they're coming, warning her to run. Who is!!? The girl cries out, her wings instinctively lift her off the ground, the girl shifting into her crow form making it easy to glide through the tree branches. She was naive, unaware of the cruel joke he was playing on her, and in response she is left no choice but to flee in fear.

Fear Controls You

@[Kha] we can end it here or you can follow her Smile