• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

saw the fault line; started panicking (Aten)
    The dun mare is quiet as Aten speaks his concerns, her navy tipped ears focused on him, and her blue-grey eyes fixed to his. The champagne stallion has long been a  protector of these woods, and to ignore his advice would be more than foolish. His doubts about the geographical safety of Taiga as the kingdom seat are valid, but the winged Comtesse has considered that - that and more.

"I appreciate your concerns," she tells him honestly, "And I would far rather you share them with me than keep them to yourself to avoid seeming as though you seek to undermine me. As Taiga's protector, I do expect you to prioritize our home over my feelings." Her feelings, Lepis says, but not her authority.

"That said, I do feel I have taken this into account. I believe our alliances with the South and the East remain strong enough that the North need not fear invasion and vulnerability. If anything, our woods provide us with protection and safety that our northern neighbor lacks. Successful diplomatic ventures to the West will hopefully cement our safety further, and I am certain Heartfire will see the advantage of either proposal I have offered her."

At this Lepis nods decisively. She knows that others see the world differently than she does, that they might seek out alternate routes to the goals that she has planned. But other are wrong and she is right; that the dun Comtesse is certain of.

"I will leave you to prepare for your trip West." Lepis says with a small smile, effectively ending the conversation in favor of moving on toward further actions. If Aten has further concerns she would listen to them, but it is clear she feels the conversation complete and is eager to move on to other things - like her trip to Nerine and her discussion with the Queen.

ooc: i thought this would be a good place to wrap it up since both Aten and Lepis have started conversations they talk about in future tense here :)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: saw the fault line; started panicking (Aten) - by Lepis - 09-07-2019, 10:50 AM