• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

saw the fault line; started panicking (Aten)
    The blue-eyed mare listens as Aten speaks. She smiles at his compliment – that he has high hopes for her children – and her expression grows more contented still as he accepts her request to serve as her heir. Having the matter settled is an expected relief, and the Comtesse and the Protector-Heir delve easily into the next topic. He will tell Lethia about their trip to the Island Resort, he says, and for a moment Lepis pictures the reaction of her buckskin friend. Aten inquires about the diplomatic specifics, and Lepis pauses for a moment to consider

The dun pegasus does not know much about the leaders of the tropical islands, save that it is a stallion named Ruinam on the Resort and a mare named Adria. Adria uses the title of Dame since she, like Lepis, is unable to use the title Queen due to her leadership of a territory rather than a kingdom. She does not know what title Ruinam uses, but does know he was once allied with Sylva and their traitorous rulers. What ties remain she is not certain, but she does hope there is some potential friendship between the small island and the larger Loessian empire.

“Our forces and Loess’ are certainly a formidable advantage we might offer.” She muses aloud, and pause just a moment before speaking again. Her expression is pensive as she fixes Aten with her blue grey eyes, and considers what to tell him. Does she let him know of her conversation with the roan Queen? Does she tell him what the relationship between Taiga and her parent kingdom has become? Yes, she decides, he deserves to know, and though it takes more trust than Lepis might have expected, she opens her mouth to speak. 

“I would suggest avoiding mention of Nerine. I recently offered to move the Kingdom seat from Nerine to Taiga since our forest is the most active of the three northern lands and having a central location seemed logical. Heartfire was not receptive to that, nor to the fact that the alternative was that I ask Castile of Loess to consider Taiga a territory of his kingdom rather than Nerine.” This all sounds quite fair and logical to Lepis as she says it. With Heartfire, she had not used threats of immediate violence the way she and her husband had with Aten. She does still want to avoid bloodshed, after all. And there was also the ability of the roan Heartfire to simply disintegrate anything that displeased her. “I intend to visit her to resolve this in the future, but until then, I think it is best to avoid mention entirely.”

“As for what we can offer them, I think at the very least that a mutual agreement to not steal or challenge except for practice would be beneficial for both our lands. If they are willing to share news of their own alliances and friendships with other kingdoms, please do the same. Let them know we are allied with Castile of Loess and Litotes of Pangea.” She doesn’t mention the individual territories, for not all of them have reached out specifically to Taiga. She can’t be certain that they’re not performing their own quiet secessions or coups the way that Taiga is attempting to. If they are, Taiga will learn of it soon enough, and can respond in a way that will best keep their own residents safe and away from harm and the trials of war and conflict.

@[Aten]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: saw the fault line; started panicking (Aten) - by Lepis - 09-01-2019, 12:24 PM