• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

let me crawl inside your veins, Brigade

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

He is intent on not letting her stoke that inner fire, and she can admire that. Plus, she always liked a challenge. Some of them angered too quickly, and she hated when her game was over that fast. It was preferable when she got to pick and prod, to comb through thoughts and venture down their paths, until she finally struck that sensitive nerve. It was surprising, sometimes, what ended up being someones tipping point. She isn’t sure why she has always gotten some sort of sick satisfaction out of making others squirm, or be reminded of something they had buried to forget, but it was certainly one of her more malicious hobbies.

“Better than Loess? I’ll let you keep that opinion and pretend to not be offended,” she says with a humored laugh, and the sound sparks something almost genuine in the navy-blue of her eyes. Sylva was lovely, in its own right – visually, it was likely even prettier than Loess, with the autumn trees and the vibrant colors of reds and oranges and golds. But it wasn’t Loess. It wasn’t home. “Well, maybe you’ll end up liking Sylva. But you don’t have to stay here, you know.” Her shoulders roll in something that resembles a shrug. She would prefer willing residents, not ones that felt like they had a debt to be repaid.

In the quiet that follows, she doesn’t expect his mind to wander where it does.

She doesn’t expect Kensa to be where his thoughts trail, and she doesn’t expect her skin to bristle the way that it does. The intensity of her stare falters for just a moment, but only when his gray eyes have looked towards the horizon. It’s in this brief moment that her stare hardens to something impossibly cold and frigid, when her jaw clenches so tightly she thinks her teeth might crack. She cannot trace the origins of the jealousy that blossoms in her chest and creeps like poison ivy across her ribs until it twists around her heart. She doesn’t know if she is jealous that he thinks of Kensa because of the intimate moments she shared with her, or if she is jealous on behalf of Lie.

Regardless, she forces back any rash reaction she may have had. When he looks back, there is an eerie calm that has settled like a shadow over her face, but the calculated tip of her head and the slight narrowing of her eyes lends an almost imperceptible hint at the shift in her attitude. “Why would you want to go to Hyaline?” The honey-sweet way that she speaks is nearly toxic, and her smile is suddenly razor-blades hiding beneath the softness. She stares at him, unwavering and unblinking, and it’s not his spoken words that she’s waiting to get an answer from.

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[brigade]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: let me crawl inside your veins, Brigade - by Starsin - 08-04-2019, 08:52 PM