• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

let me crawl inside your veins, Brigade

He has known that he cannot live forever in the solitude of the forest.

For all of the ways that he has come to appreciate the autumn territory, he knows that there are still formalities that he will need to adhere to and acknowledge. He has not yet escaped the shackles that he so willingly clasped on his own ankle; he has merely transferred his cage to a new location.

So he is not terribly surprised when the sly, dangerous woman weaves her way around the tree toward him. He has heard of her—if only though the whispers and rumors that have surrounded her—and while he does not know all of the ways that she may destroy a man, he knows enough to be careful.

Enough to remain guarded when she addresses him.

More guarded than usual.

“Starsin,” his voice is rough around the edges and he thinks immediately that it must have been days since he has said anything aloud. He clears his throat and rolls his shoulders, grey eyes narrowing slightly at the jab that she not so subtly places his way. “Well I’m better at fighting than diplomacy if that makes the decision any easier.” His antlered head angles to the side and if he were not so serious, there may even be the slightest hint of humor at the corner of his mouth. But it fades quickly and he is left silent instead.

The moment stretches taut between them until he shakes again.

“Army then,” his brows draw together, wings folding over his back.

“With just a touch of broody.”

BRIGADE

when I was a man I thought it ended when I knew love's perfect ache
    but my peace has always depended on all the ashes in my wake

@sTARSUB | @[Starsin] i'm an idiot

Messages In This Thread
    RE: let me crawl inside your veins, Brigade - by brigade - 07-26-2019, 09:42 PM