• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i hear the south wind moan; adria
    Wrena

She likes it here. She cannot pin point just what, or why, and maybe it’s a fun cocktail of many things. She would be a fool to pretend it is not mostly Ivar – but really, it isn’t ALL him… Is it? No no.

Wrena waddles miserably under the gentle spring sun, down the western beach and toward the gushing sound of the waterfall steppes on the northern corner of Ischia. She rarely comes to Adria’s main island, she’s been living in delightful sin with the kelpie for quite some time – the evidence being the weight she carries ungracefully in her middle section. It’s time. Why? Who knows..

She’s really in poor shape to have a meeting, but for whatever reason the mood has struck her and so she makes the determined journey onto the main island to find Adria. Further discussion has been owed to the pretty mare for a while. She stands chest deep in one of the pools on the lower falls, surrounded by colorful blooms and deep jade moss; orange and blue fish dancing around her belly and legs. She drifts off into a light sleep as she waits for someone to pass by so she may ask where to find the leader, or perhaps she will get lucky and Adria herself will saunter by.

@[Adria] its shit, but. she wants to join and live here legit (stop squatting) haha

-Adria-

When her mind preoccupied itself with the little things that went on around Ischia without her, Adria always inevitably ended up stuck on the subject of Wrena and her aggressive companion… what was his name? Ivar. They’d both claimed knowledge of having been on or mostly ‘around’ Ischia before knowing about Adria’s claim. For that reason the Nereid is content with letting them go about their business.

But had Wrena not gotten a mutual feeling of interest from Adria’s first encounter, then it might’ve prompted the new Dame of these islands to look a little harder into the two new horses. Or, as they preferred, the two returning horses. And had Adria found out more about who Ivar was and what his history in these waters was like… well.

Who’s to say what reaction Adria could’ve had.

It might’ve been a little different than the quiet, appreciative smile that tenderly warms Adria’s cheeks. The water mare spied Wrena in the middle of looking for a good place to give birth herself. She’d stopped and turned to look through a curtain of forelock, glad to see how comfortable the dragoness was here. Up to her bulging curves in water, the black-winged horse faintly reminded her of Brennen. Brennen… but better, in some ways.

She almost felt bad for breaking through the tree cover, stealing closer to the water on doe’s feet and carrying a belly of her own. Disturbing a picturesque calm like this was the opposite of what she wanted. The chances of seeing Wrena alone though? Slim enough that it made the disturbance worth it. “I’ve been thinking a lot about you.” Adria’s voice rang over the water.

She moved from land to pool without moving her hooves, something magical and fluid that made the waters rise to meet her, then pull her in.

“How nice it would be to see you on the mainland.” She explained, sliding deeper into the outer waters below Wrena. Her hair rose eerily the deeper she sank, and it fanned around her in long, pale strands. Nothing rippled; the water hardly churned.

“And now you’re here.” Adria smiled warmly. “Are you curious to start our ‘discussion’, Wrena?” The Nereid hoped.

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

Welcome to the pyramid scheme <3
    @[wrena]
    Wrena

If Adria had been a predator, Wrena’s useless sand-sock of a body would be immediate dog meat. She wis so tired, her ankles so swollen; her abdomen huge and tight with pregnancy…There’s no way, no desire really, to get away. It was no predator, however, but to Wrena’s quiet delight it is the vermilion mare who claims this isle. Just the silky voice she wanted to her, and despite her misery, her muzzle pulls into a grin as her ember-orange eyes flicker open. The attraction to Adria had been immediate, the nature of it was not clear, but Wrena did not mind the mystery. It is easy for Wrena’s bright eyes to follow the mare as she moved like water on the air, like mist and a gentle wave at the same time. Magic has a feeling that spread from its use, as if your soul recognizes the smell of it; it never got old and in good times, brought a loving twinge to the dragon girl’s heart.

She did not move at the Nereid moved with ghostly grace without disturbing the water. She drew in a breath, watching the mare like one might watch the dusk showing off its bright dancing colors. She is eerie and beautiful. “You have crossed my mind as well, Adria.” she purrs, savoring her name in a different tone. “And now I am here.” She smiles, it is genuine but the sinister nature of her almost reptilian face keeps her form ever looking too ‘sweet’.

I am ready.” she winces a bit at her tumbling belly, kicking at it with a groan. “And eager.” She shakes the pain away like a wet dog, rippling the water and sending the pecking fish away temporarily. “Eviction is soon, so, I’ll be ready to roll for anything…” she snickers, assuming the mare might be able to relate to the boredom and other such miseries that go with creating life with your body.

@[Adria]

-Adria-

The line of dragonblood is more evident the longer Adria looks at her female compatriot. That smile; the way it lingers on something borderline smug but your eyes trick your brain into trusting it… only a true dragon-born could smile like that. Adria loves it regardless. A smile like Wrena’s was good for the Nereid’s soul. “Anything?” Adria repeats, the word echoing around the waterfall. It sounded deceivingly coy. “I knew I liked your style.”

One honey-gold eye closed in a flashing wink, leading the Dame to smirk. Truth be told she more than empathized with Wrena, child and all. What displacement Wrena was feeling moving around her guts, Adria felt as well. That desire to be in control of oneself again, feel at home in one’s own skin. Being a mother was pain and discomfort.

It was high time they started benefitting from it, rather than suffering.

“My firstborns were twins.” Adria sighed, swaying lazily through the calm, lower pool. “Talk about a living hell.” She snickered. “It was worth it though.” Her shoulders rose gently from the surface in a shrug. Luath and Ionia had sprung from Brennen’s loins, and now whatever power he harnessed protected them. And they, in turn, lived here with their mother. Ischia had struck her first move in chess the hour Adria found herself ripe with Brennen’s seed.

Without ever having to pressure Brennen into some sort of commitment, the fact that he was a father-first sort of stallion ensured his children’s safety (and inadvertently the safety of their home and mother) before all else. Adria could be confident in the face of an outside threat, knowing she had that secret gem of a card stashed away in her deck.

The thought made her lazy grin much wider.

“I think - if you really are up to the game - that us working together could be mutually beneficial, dragoness.” The floating mare sighed happily. “But I need a partner. Someone else who sees the end goal, not the short-term.” She mused. “I need mares who aren’t afraid to be a little… unconventional.”

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

@[wrena]