• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Mary;
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    As she laughs – it’s scoffing, dismissive – Castile joins her with a coy grin that stretches across his lips. It doesn’t reach his eyes or soften the harsh edges of his face. Any attempt of niceties was dragged through the dirt and spat on. Patience, a fleeting virtue of his, dwindles away with every heartbeat and every slow, steady breath. Even as she offers a consolation of friendship in another life, there remains a tension building like blocks between them. It further cements their fate, confirms how far on opposite ends they are. Humorously, it reminds him of his relationship with Ilma. Tense but respectable, distant yet close. Castile questions his ability to maintain another qualm that shadows his every move. A half laugh gruffly falls. ”Another life,” he reiterates with a languid roll of his shoulders, ”Not this one, it seems.” They are both ambitious, both stubborn. Perhaps, together, they are too much of a good thing to ever work, to ever work cohesively.

A deep breath sighs through him as he calculates everything. Every meticulous thought undergoes inspection and consideration, but it leaves him quiet for a long few moments. His metallic eyes shift from one tree to the sky, to the sod underfoot to Mary’s glimmering eyes.

”One thing I can do is not eat you,” his teeth elongate again as he smirks, but in a blink of an eye they are blunt again. The tension throughout his body eases, relaxing beneath the dappled sunlight as he hesitantly comes to a decision, an offer, really. ”Your children – my grandchildren – may live in Loess so they aren’t homeless. Admittedly, kids are my soft spot,” he once tried to distance himself from families and love due to how easily they could all be leveraged, but he isn’t so cold. Like anyone else, Castile has his weaknesses. Fortunately, his family has proven capable even in tough times.

But that does not address her, the fallen Queen of Sylva. She looks at him in distrust, but also expectation. It almost reminds him of Litotes. ”As for you,” he begins slowly, his weight shifting to cock and rest a hind leg. ”I can find you a place – a position – to gain my trust. I want you to swear loyalty to me, Mary. If you exceed my, admittedly low, expectations of trust then I will raise you to something greater.” There are options that come to mind, racing through his thoughts relentlessly. Greater than what she is now – a former, a has-been, a fallen monarch. He doesn’t tell her them. That would be too easy, too simple for her to take and run with. ”But, there are a lot of if’s involved, and they’re dependent on your trustworthiness. I know you are capable and you have potential, now prove it to me – prove it to someone worth your time, not a shaggy dog.” A brow lifts expectantly, waiting to see which direction their conversation will suddenly turn, as though this wasn’t enough of a shock.

castile

@[Mary]

Messages In This Thread
    Mary; - by Castile - 07-16-2019, 03:35 PM
    RE: Mary; - by Mary - 07-16-2019, 07:52 PM
    RE: Mary; - by Castile - 07-17-2019, 12:36 PM
    RE: Mary; - by Mary - 07-17-2019, 04:22 PM
    RE: Mary; - by Castile - 07-18-2019, 10:14 AM
    RE: Mary; - by Mary - 07-22-2019, 11:35 AM
    RE: Mary; - by Castile - 07-26-2019, 11:03 AM
    RE: Mary; - by Mary - 07-26-2019, 07:26 PM
    RE: Mary; - by Castile - 08-13-2019, 10:07 AM