• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  the girl she's hiding horns; brunhilde

and all the quiet nights you bear, seal them up with care
    no one needs to know they’re there, or i will hold them for you

Had Brunhilde known her strange dance with the river would be interrupted, she might have avoided the water all together. Instead, she finds herself caught in an anxious moment of insecurity, peering wide-eyed down at an element that, while opposite to her, cannot harm her. The noise of the approaching woman does not go unnoticed, but the little flame just continues to stare with her lips pursed at the liquid.

“You sound like a siren,” Brun returns, finally lifting her head to study the cremello opposite her. From the tip of her nose to the base of her tail, a thin and inch-high line of flames begins to ripple angrily. She tilts her head to the side, red ears swivelling irritably. Cremello like my father. Her mind’s tone would not be so chastising if she did not find herself drawn to the low hum of Leokadia’s voice. Too damn much like my father.

The slow crackle of her wings interrupt the circle of her thoughts. Brun tucks the fiery appendages tightly to her side, casting a wayward glance to the bones that somehow never succumb to ash. Sunlight glints blindingly off of the yellow-gold of her head when she straightens, eyes highlighted and piercing when she settles. “Have you ever considered a simple ‘hello’?” Bitchy but to the point, and with absolutely no thought of how Hildy behaves herself. If she knew anything of her own mind, she would shrug her shoulders with an apathetic laugh.

“Since you’ve asked, why don’t you meet me halfway?” There is a dare in her voice and in her gaze. Hildy takes a step, then another, flaring her wings to her sides in an attempt to save them from the river. When she finds the middle, her hooves struggle against the loose pebbles. The very bottom of her wings sizzle in indignation.

brunhilde

@[Leokadia] <3 i love you

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the girl she's hiding horns; brunhilde - by brunhilde - 07-30-2019, 09:37 PM