• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  So this is me swallowing my pride, telling you I'm sorry for that night; Raed
    She was slowly becoming accustom to the ever present shadows of the forests canopy. She had lost more than her fair share over the years. Alot of the last few years, was riddled with anxiety, self doubt, regret, hatred, and some of those feelings still linger but in lesser amounts.

Aten had found her and brought her to his home in Taiga. He had shown her his waterfall and had strolled with her many times through the dense woods. She enjoyed his company, though at times he was more direct than made her comfortable and she shied away but always listened. He had told her that she needed to believe in herself. And despite the rough passage of the last few months she thought she had been making head way. She had visited the mountain and had talked to one of 3 immortals. 

Lethy smiled a small smile as she thought.of Ryatah and her kindness and how she had reminded her of Raed, in a way. She needed to find him and apologize.

She had been so broken that night, grief and sadness consuming her and then all at once disappearing to nothing. She never thought to consider how Raed had handled it or if he cared at all. She assumed he did as she thought back to his gentle touch. He didn't deserve to be deserted, to not be considered as her world came crashing down.

Lethy's smile faded as guilt pulled at her heart. She trailed along the thinner side of the forest, the side that ran along the dreadful river. Close to where everything fell apart but far enough away that she didn't feel consumed with anxiety. She had left her child there, a shell of a child, but her child non the less.. and Raed's.

Her large, amethyst eyes seemed to deepen in color as she scanned the surrounding area stopping to rest under a patch of sunlight as her body was still consumed with a tiredness she couldn't shake. The gold, yellow color of her hide glistened beneath the summers sun, a comfort she didn't realize she needed beneath the canopy of winding branches. Her body fell into a comfortable stance as she listened to the near by babbling of the river and her eyes closed slowly under the late summers warmth. 
    forget me not; but never remember
    Lethy

@[Raed] don't feel rushed! Just wanted to get this out before I forgot.
    IMG-20190524-092123-677
    it's a lonely road, I know,
    and nothing ever stands between a bullet and your soul;

Wayward though he was, he still thought of Lethy.

He was connected to her now in a way unlike any other. Not because they shared a child, but because they had lost one. He has never been a very good father to any of his children, and not because he doesn’t care, but simply because he didn’t know how to be one. It didn’t change the fact that losing one had created a grief in him that he had not known was possible. It sat in his chest like a stone, this uncomfortable and heavy feeling that refused to go away. He can’t claim that he would have been a good father to this, because nothing says that he would have changed. But the inexplicable anguish on Lethy’s face haunted him, even though he knew there was nothing he could do to make it right.

She had disappeared that day, and though he had looked for her, it had been to no avail. He had checked Loess occasionally, but more frequently the river, unsure if this would be the place she most likely returned, or the place she would steer clear of.

Eventually, he gave up, assuming she had vanished for a reason. He couldn’t really blame her.

When he winds himself through the forest, she is the last thing he expects to see. It’s the flash of the sun reflecting off the gold of her skin that catches his attention first, that causes him to stall and examine her more carefully. When he recognizes her, he is immediately torn on whether he should approach, or keep his distance. Before he can make up his mind, his legs are already carrying him towards her, seemingly of their own accord. “Lethy,” He says in the low, smooth tones of his voice, his dark eyes guarded as he tries to gauge her reaction to seeing him. “I...I looked for you,” he confesses quietly, having stopped just a foot or so away from her, before falling silent.

R A E D

@[Izora Lethia]
    [Image: Raed.jpg]
    (click for full size)
    His voice caught her ears, floating there almost like a ghost, she had not seen him since that day and she dis not believe him here now. She opened her eyes slowly, emotions brimming precariously on the edges. His face was there, waiting, cautious, unsure. Raed. she breathed still unsure of if he was really there, but then he spoke again I..I looked for you.he said.

With out hesitation, with out a moments thought Lethy closed the space between them as she tucked her neck beneath his. Her muzzle trailing along his mane. She breathed him in, his scent fresh in her mind.

Raed, she said her large purple eyes peering into his as she pulled back from her quick embrace, I'm so sorry for leaving with out a word. I wasn't right... in my head. she stammered the words out not sure what the right words were. She felt ashamed, and dropped her gaze to the forest floor.

It wasn't right to just leave you with everything. she said quietly to the ground. She hoped that the death of their daughter had not tortured him the way it had her. That he had moved on with his life. She had spent months working up the courage to find him, to apologize. But now that she was here and he was here, she couldn't bring herself to face him. All of the emotions she has forced herself to pack up and push away were threatening to burst from their boxes and spill over as if they had been multiplied by 10 while forgotten in their caverns.
    Lethy

@[Raed]
    IMG-20190524-092123-677

He doesn’t step back when she moves forward, and instead he reaches to brush his muzzle against the top of her neck. She smells different from the last time he had seen her; more like forests and pine, but he doesn’t think too much of it. He had never been disillusioned with the idea that he had any sort of claim over her. She was free to live wherever and with whoever she wanted, but even still, there was a small part of him that would always wonder where she was.

Without having to peer inside her mind he can read the guilt and sorrow so plainly written on her face, and he reaches forward to touch against her cheek. “You have nothing you need to apologize for, Lethy.” Her pain was still palpable, and even though he had grieved in his own way, it was nothing in comparison to what she was feeling.

He has never been good at navigating emotions; not his, and especially not anyone else’s. But just as that day at the river, he cannot stand there and watch her be in such anguish. Slipping his body alongside of hers, he rests his head over top of her neck, and he reaffirms quietly, “You didn’t do anything wrong.”

R A E D

@[Izora Lethia]
    (click for full size)
    She had wandered for months ignoring the pain that gripped her heart and the exhaustion that gripped her body. But not once had she ignored the blue face that tamed her nightmares while she slept. They didn't know much of each other but he had been there when she had been all but alone.

She leaned into him as he repeated over again that it was not her fault. His touch had done much the first time they had met to calm her nerves and though time had passed it did not fail her once more.

She had fallen into Taiga in a way. Aten had saved her from the pull of the river when she had all but given up entirely. They had talked endless hours getting to know each other. She felt safe with Aten. A home that would be there when all else failed. But for some reason he would never stir her heart in the same way that Raed did.

Two men she had grown to care for, in different ways. In this moment Aten did not even hold a place in her mind. She found herself wanting to know Raed, to know his kindness and gentleness. A part of her felt that he would always be wandering, never quite settling down, but she could handle that if she could handle all she had been dealt in the last year.

She could smell his travels clinging to him as she fell endlessly into his embrace. I have settled in Taiga. I would have come to find you sooner if I had.. her sentence trailed off as she backed away from him. Her large amethyst eyes swirled with a harmonious group of purples as they searched his blue greys, she would never tire of those eyes no matter how many times they lose or find each other. Where have you been? she said her voice soft, mingling with the quiet cacophony of birds nestled in the trees above.
    Lethy

@[Raed] same day replies are great aren't they. (;
    IMG-20190524-092123-677

She shouldn’t want him the way that she does, and he wants to tell her so. He wants to respond to the words in her head, wants to tell her that everything about him is a mistake. She could do better than the wayward vagabond that he is, and that she deserved so much better. But, he is selfish, and he latches onto those thoughts, he drinks them like a man that has been stranded in the desert. They drive him to touch her more, to trail his lips along the crest of her neck, and to drag his teeth through the silken strands of her mane. “Taiga,” he echoes her response, seeming to test the word on his tongue. “At least now I know where to find you if you decide to disappear again,” he says with half a smile on his blue lips.

When she backs away, he does not try to pull her back in. Not yet, at least. He watches her, with eyes the same color as a storm-torn sea, and a tilt of his cerulean head. “Everywhere,” he answers simply at first, and the pause that follows almost feels like that is all he is going to say. “I’ve never been able to bring myself to stay in one place for long,” he finally continues, his gaze drifting past her and staring at some makeshift point in the distance. But he looks back to her, then, finding her purple eyes with his, and once again there is concern reflecting off the surface of them when he asks her gently, “How have you been? Besides...everything else.”

R A E D

@[Izora Lethia]
    (click for full size)
    She chuckles softly against him before pulling away to hear his answer. She was surprised a bit by the relief that she felt when he noted he had not settled down anywhere. She was not entirely convinced that if she did in fact "disappear" that he would search for her again. Maybe you could just visit, I don't plan on disappearing again.

A wild horse is just that wild. He would always be on the move, while she needed the security of a home. But the storm behind those eyes trapped her here in her emotions with him. She had gotten better at dampening those emotions since the last time they met, at least on the outside. She was not dreaming of demons this time as she let the emptiness hang between them before he confirmed he could never settle in one place long. It did not matter to her, no matter where he would go he would always be her friend. No matter who he chose in the future, if anyone, he would be her friend, but before she could tell him this he continued.

She dipped her head slightly as he questioned how she had been besides the obvious. She did not know how to respond. Does she tell him how she had felt useless, depressed, unworthy or does she tell him how she had found strength once again the day she had let herself slip and dip below the current of the river ready to let it be over. She was not entirely sure that he cared about her deep rooted storm of emotions than he was about wanting affirmation that she was okay. In this moment, right now, she was.

Her eyes a calm compared to the storm in his traced the gentle, and sharp edges of his face. I'm better. she said, the monsters of my dreams are not so threatening anymore.

She wanted to tell him of her quest. How she was working towards a goal to not be so vulnerable. How she needed only to find two more horses that would live forever, her first of three being a kind mare named Ryatah. She was in fact the one who reminded her in nature of him, reminded her that she needed to find him.. but she didn't, small talk almost seemed unnecessary when physical touch is what she seemed to crave from Raed. Though she wished deep down that maybe he did care enough to get to really know her.

How could they be when you chase them away. she whispered quietly as she reached forward to trail soft kisses along his cheek.
    Lethy

@[Raed] hes welcome to read her mind, she's not giving up anytime soon <3
    IMG-20190524-092123-677

“Maybe,” he responds, a noncommittal agreement, not wanting to outright promise her anything but not wanting to lead her to believe he didn’t care, either. He often did things with the best of intentions, but his wayward soul had a habit of disrupting them. He found it was easier to avoid letting anyone down if they just came to never expect anything from him. But he softens what might have been a less than satisfactory answer for her but closing the space she had put between them, just enough to place a gentle touch against the crest of her neck.

He does not often intrude on others thoughts, but something about the way she ducks her gaze to keep from meeting his, it makes him wonder if she’s going to give him a truthful answer. What he hears causes his jaw to tighten, his blue-gray eyes flickering with concern, but he lets her speak. He listens, and he nods his head, but then he is reaching to softly touch her cheek, where his touch then trails to rest behind her ear when he says, “You’re not useless or unworthy, Lethy. Don’t think that.”

He almost withdraws, but before he does, he catches the tail end of another thought, and there is a name that sticks out to him. He hears it, loud, and he tilts his head to look at her curiously, “You met my mother? Ryatah. You just thought her name.” He hasn’t seen his mother in awhile; maybe she was where he got his wanderlust from, because for as long as he could remember, she had been difficult to anchor. She was always attentive when her children were very young, but that connection always faded the older they got, especially if they were like him – also always leaving. “I bet she loved you.”

But then her lips are on his cheek, and he is again so easily distracted by how intoxicating a woman can be. His blue head lowers into her touch, and his own lips trace the slope of her cheek and then the groove of her throat. “Lethy,” he says in a voice that has become low, that nearly rumbles from his chest as he follows the curve of her neck. He doesn’t say anything else, doesn’t want to push her into anything, not after what had happened last year.

R A E D

@[Izora Lethia]
    (click for full size)
    Maybe, that's all she needed. Maybe she would see him again, maybe she wouldn't but that did not change how her heart pounded beneath her chest or the way her nerves rattled her body every time he touched her.

His lips find her cheek and her eyes close beneath the quiet pressure of them. She leans into him as he speaks of how she isn't useless or unworthy, and if he had not been so close she may have been startled. Especially when he had gone on to talk of his mother, Ryatah, a thought passing in her mind - his mother? had she said that out loud? She couldn't remember. Her eyes opened slowly locking with his stormy ones. Her head is swimming with emotions, a fog placed inside her body from the nearness of him, the smell of him, the sound of him. I bet she loved you. he said, a gentle smile crept to her lips, as she kissed him I'd like to think so. she whispered.

She leaned closer as his lips skittered smoothly across her skin, their chests touching. She leaned her head against the base of his neck where it meets his withers. Her name on his lips forced her body to tremble, heat building in her belly. Raed she breathed. Her lips and teeth scraped and grazed along his withers mixing into his neck along the underside of his mane. then don't  treat me like I'm broken. she thought as a small sigh escaped into his tangled locks.
    Lethy

@[Raed] maybe mature now? Tell me when.
    IMG-20190524-092123-677

He realizes, briefly, she had no idea he had mind reading. He had never told her, as he never told anyone. It wasn’t something he ever announced, and most often he was cautious of making sure it wasn’t obvious. It was rare for him to use his ability in everyday conversation, when he typically reserved it for once someone had gotten under his skin and he was searching for anything to use as a weapon in return. He debates explaining it to her, but she seems to accept it, assuming she had said it and forgotten. If he felt any guilt at allowing her to think that, it doesn’t show on his face.

She leans into him then, and again his nose lowers to touch near the top of her neck. The way that she breathes his name, it sends a familiar shiver the length of his spine, and he can feel that hunger beginning to coil in his gut. Her thoughts ripple across his mind just as her breath fans across his blue skin, and this time when his lips meet her neck there is a new hunger to his touch.

There is a part of him that is cautious‍, the part that cannot stop thinking about what happened last time. But the way that her body reacts to his touch, and the thoughts that run through her mind, he knows they both want the same thing.

His lips trace a path down the arch of her neck, and over the slope of her back. He is slow, careful, pressed into her side and listening to the way she reacts — prepared to stop if she becomes unsure.

Until he is at her hip, his muzzle moving over the familiar curve of it, moving until his chest is pressed into the back of her. He pauses, just for a moment, before he rises and settles on her back. The blue of his legs caress her golden sides, teeth grasping the black of her mane as he settles inside of her. He rocks against her, slowly at first, his lips against her neck, her shoulder, and her spine.

He finishes with a shudder, burying his muzzle momentarily into her mane, before sliding back to the ground. Standing alongside of her, he lays his nose against her neck, but otherwise, he is silent. There is already an apprehension building inside of him, a gnawing worry that the same thing would happen as last season, and didn’t know what he would do if he played a part in hurting her again.

R A E D

@[Izora Lethia] I would mark it mature just because some people don't like any sexual content at all
    (click for full size)