• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i don't blame you, dear, any

that's all there is

Her world has been shaken again. It’s not the full earthquake that had nearly destroyed her the first time, when Carnage and the plague had taken her father and everything she’d ever known away from her, but something more akin to the aftershock tremors that follow such an event. There’d been such violence between Loess and Tephra, such anger, but that in and of itself had not been the worst of it.

The worst was that She had few friends in this world, and they had arrayed themselves on opposite sides of the event. That has caused her to shy away from all of them, like the hare away from the hawks overhead. Perhaps she was foolish to stray from her Pampas, where peace still lies heavy over the fields and flowers. But now that she has tasted what it means to be not alone, the sheer loneliness of her mostly empty home eats at her.

Even so, when she alights at the edge of the field she almost turns around to go home. This is not a place for her – there are so many of them, moving in the complicated patterns that such social creatures do – patterns that Noah, for all her sweet nature, had never learned to dance at the feet of her complicated and unsocial sire. Unable to force herself into the din below, she circles the edges of the Field until a solitary mare catches her eye.

The little mare offers a quick smile, gentle eyes, as she edges closer. “Hello,” she murmurs, “I’m Noah.”

noah

Messages In This Thread
    i don't blame you, dear, any - by lilian - 06-13-2019, 05:47 PM
    RE: i don't blame you, dear, any - by Noah - 06-13-2019, 08:40 PM
    RE: i don't blame you, dear, any - by Aodhan - 06-14-2019, 06:12 AM
    RE: i don't blame you, dear, any - by lilian - 06-14-2019, 02:11 PM