• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

well it'll be a miracle, velkan
    So not only did this kid have flowers in his mane and tail but I have to blink a couple times to see if I’m not just sun-blind when I see black and green scales take over the colt’s body.

On the surface I’m just speechless with how absolutely batshit cool that is. But also I know, deep down, that it’s a defensive thing because of me. Even if he did not mean it that way, I can’t deny that it looks like there’s a part of this young being that is afraid of me. I can’t blame him but it doesn’t make my heart break any less. It certainly tempers the enthusiasm that I was bursting with when I came over – a quick reality check that, although I have begun to make friends, I have to face the reality of what I am.

Still, although the boy looks suspicious and on guard, he answers my question and that seems to be a start. I don’t move out of fear of frightening him and do my best to maintain as non-threatening of a posture as I possibly can – which comes naturally, so it’s not hard. My eyes are bright, ears forward and curious, and I work hard on stuffing all the sadness down deep.

Would his mother give me flowers if I asked?

I’m just thinking about how I wish my mothers had given me flowers when he asks that question. It doesn’t make me flinch, but it does temper the happiness and my head droops a little more. I respond in a soft and hollow voice, a ‘this was not a choice, this was not a gift’ voice, “From my mother too.” I resist the urge to let him know that I got the scars on my neck from my mother too, from when she tried to eat me. He’s only a child after all and I haven’t quite gotten to the point where I can laugh that off – not when I’m trying to not be a monster.

When I notice the scales are starting to recede, I breathe a little easier but I still am careful with my movements. I don’t have any objections if he wants to poke or sniff – I know I’m weird, know I’m a lot to take in.

Although tempered a little, my smile does return when the colt introduces himself – those black eyes of mine shining just a little brighter. “I’m Velkan! It’s nice to meet you, Chronos.”

I will admit, I don’t know quite where to go after that. I don’t really want to do anything else until I know Chronos is okay and if he’s not, then I’ll have to leave so he can be comfortable once more. It’s not the option I want but, if I’m being realistic, it’s usually he best thing I can do for everyone.

I hope I don’t have to though – because this kid is still the coolest colt I have ever seen and, like any loser, I want to hang around him until the cool starts to shine on me as well.

In the end, of course, I don’t excel at shutting up so I blurt out the question that came to mind when he said he and his sister had gotten their flowers from their mother. “Do you think your mother would give me flowers too?” There’s a hopeful lilt to my words as I try to imagine it, wondering what sort of flowers I would have. I like his black orchids, of course – very becoming on him – but I’d like something brighter, I think.

Like daisies!

when anaxarete met ripley

@[Chronos]

Messages In This Thread
    well it'll be a miracle, velkan - by Chronos - 06-08-2019, 12:23 AM
    RE: well it'll be a miracle, velkan - by Velkan - 06-10-2019, 11:24 AM
    RE: well it'll be a miracle, velkan - by Chronos - 06-13-2019, 05:31 PM
    RE: well it'll be a miracle, velkan - by Velkan - 06-20-2019, 04:58 PM
    RE: well it'll be a miracle, velkan - by Chronos - 06-20-2019, 05:28 PM
    RE: well it'll be a miracle, velkan - by Velkan - 07-06-2019, 06:39 PM