• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    like a dream in my arms but I'm wide awake; rae

As Leander clawed his way upward through the tempest, there was an odd moment where he sensed the storm’s ebbing – not because of the way the wind stilled beneath his wings, nor because of how quickly the black cloud dissipated around him – no, it was something more, something within.

Though each wingbeat gradually became easier, he could still feel some kind of… resistance. It was like trying to fly against a headwind, despite the becalmed skies. The sensation took little precedence in Lee’s mind, however – not when he had finally gained enough altitude to come face to face with his niece.

It was, of course, her – there was no mistaking it now that he was looking her in the eye. The family resemblances were glaringly obvious to him, especially with Rhy’s image fresh in his memory. This windborne daughter shared her mother’s striking gaze, though the spark therein was perhaps less literal in this instance. As he continued to stare in open amazement, Leander could swear she also bore Rayelle’s chin.

“Can you stop it with the storms?” Startling from his reverie and feeling slightly bewildered by what she’d said, Lee cocked his head. “Stop?” he repeated, nearly laughing at the thought. “I wish I could, believe me.” The stallion was still rather taken aback by her presence and as of yet unseeing to the truth, though it lies so clearly before him.

“You are Rae, aren’t you?” he asked then, treading the faint breeze created by each of their wings as they hovered, suspended together in the sky. He waited a moment for her answer before plunging on. “Rae, my name’s Leander.” He took a breath, adding with what he hoped was a steady smile, “I’m your uncle.” Funny – he should be used to revealing surprise blood relations to others by now, but it still made him feel as unsteady as when he’d been a colt on fledgling wings.

leander
    take a bullet to the heart just to keep you safe; like a dream in my arms but I'm wide awake

@[Rae] omg yes hahah, amazing <333 plus lee is so clueless it makes me giggle. so happy right now *giddy dance*

Messages In This Thread
    RE: like a dream in my arms but I'm wide awake; rae - by Leander - 06-15-2019, 03:18 PM