• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

so my lungs can breathe fire; any

DAWN

i just killed off what was left of the optimist in me

It hadn’t been her home burning to the ground when she stumbled through the portal, but she feels the weight of it all the same. Tephra has been their ally for such a long time, and Leliana had only just taken over the volcanic kingdom. Now... it is half-obliterated into nothing more than ash and soot, with her remaining residents struggling to pick up the pieces. It could have easily been the Cove the razed to the ground, and the mere thought of it sets her bones to trembling. All of her children are here; her friends may be scattered to the wind, but the Cove is her entire life.

It feels like so long already since the war has ended, but she knows that it cannot have been more than a few days. She has had her discussions and made her kingdom visits, and done what she feels is necessary for the betterment of her home – and yet, she cannot curb the deep sadness that wells in her as she surveys her peninsular home. The days when the kingdom was buzzing with activity are long gone, but she hopes that as life begins to settle back into a more normal routine, she can bring the activity back up so that life can once again return to the Cove. There has been a trickle of others, yes, but she wants there to be a flood. She wants her home to flourish under her hand.

When her eyes fall on the sabino filly crossing into the shade of the trees, she almost thinks that it is Kensa, but quickly realizes that the girl is too small, and not as stocky as the leader of Hyaline – and why should Kensa be this far north in the Cove anyways? With a friendly nicker she approaches, taking in her disheveled appearance and confused look. “Can I help you?” she asks with a smile, the gentle kindness never leaving her eyes. “I’m Dawn.”

@[Phesque] I'm so sorry this took so long!!
    clean.

Messages In This Thread
    so my lungs can breathe fire; any - by Phesque - 06-02-2019, 03:25 PM
    RE: so my lungs can breathe fire; any - by Dawn - 06-18-2019, 09:21 PM