• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i've never fallen from quite this high; Catcher
    The floating girl seems taken aback by his accusation, but then her eyes dart toward a rock hovering between them. Pteron hadn’t noticed it before (too distracted by the stranger), but between its position and her sheepish ’Not yet’ he realizes that he might have woken up just a few seconds before he’d been pelted with a rock.

This causes Pteron’s frown to deepen into a scowl, and he is only slightly mollified (and further perplexed) when the stone disappears and the girl – Catcher – apologizes. The stallion is grateful that he is still and that the stone beneath him remains solid, because he might have lost his balance if it were anything less when Catcher begins to build a bridge.

The stone appears from nothing, stretches toward him from where she stands, and melds seemlessly with the stone of his cliff. Tearing his gaze from Catcher, Pteron reaches forward to tap it with one curious hoof. It feels very solid, very real. Is she an illusionist, he wonders? Has she made the place she stands invisible, or does she have some hovering ability as well? The tobiano is attempting to piece together what is happening to him when Catcher announces that this is his dream.

“My dream?” He repeats blankly.

“But I’m awake.” He stops, considering what he’d just said. There is that odd fog, the strange way he feels, and the impossible things he has just witnessed. “Am I awake?”

@[Catcher]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; Catcher - by Pteron - 08-25-2019, 08:25 AM